Damage to my baby

tb00

Sep 27, 2000
Indianapolis, IN
My pristine 00GT vert w/ 17k miles was wrecked Sat. Not by me. No one was hurt, but a family member is in big trouble. I'm taking the opprtunity to upgrade a pre-marriage purchase during this time of sadness.

I have not posted/viewed for a long while(2 kids came along), but need expert help now. I need a few things:

Wheels/rims: I want 18's. Pref black. Any reqs on these? What offset and backspace work well. Also, good place to purchase these w/ tires.

Front bumper: My car is lowered. I had a Mach chin spoiler on a stock bumper and liked that height. Ideas here?

Engine: I'm looking to s/c. I have a strut tower brace, but would love a twin sc. Anyone know if one would fit?

Thanks in advance. - Tom

• Sponsors (?)

Wheels/tires: A good place to get a complete package, and good service is American Muscle. They always have pretty good prices...free shipping and free mounting and balancing.

Front Bumper: The sky's the limit. A replacement gt bumper is a simple find, as well as an '03 cobra bumper, a roush stage 3, or a saleen front end. I really like the 03/04 cobra and the 99/01 cobra as well, but it's all in preference. AM is a great place to look for those too, as well as stage 3 motorsports and latemodel restoration.

Boost: again several options. A twin screw can be accomplished with a kenne bell kit or tork tech's new blower setup. Check both of those out. Of course if your open to idea's there is always the centrifugal blower options: Novi, Vortech, ProCharger. All of those are excellent power adders that I doubt you would be disappointed with.