Damn ABS light, need info

AdRock

Nov 13, 2003
South Texas
2002 GT

ABS light has been on. Would go off then come back on once in a while. It's been on now for about 9 months. Finally read the codes and got:

C1805 Mismatched PCM and/or ABS/Traction control module

All the parts are the original OEM stuff.

I've cleaned out the connector on the ABS module.
Checked all ABS rings and speed sensors.
Just generally gone over stuff to see if anything looked bad.

I have a Diablo tune in it with the traction control turned off. I have noticed that sometimes the "TC Off" light will be on like it should when the car is running, other times it's off. Whether it's on or off the TC is still disengaged.

I don't have the online diagnostic resources I used to have so I figured I'd post up and see if anyone has any ideas or has had this problem before.

• Sponsors (?)

my 02 GT w/ trac had similar symptoms. See my video about it here: YouTube - How to replace Mustang ABS control module WITHOUT removing lines

My ABS computer wouldn't even communicate with an IDS code reader. I replaced the control module and was good to go. It is possible your control module is bad as well.... there is a way to test it using a multimeter but for the life of me I cannot find that post. It might be on another website.

If you PM me I can give you instructions over the phone... I'd need to look at my car at the same time. I can't describe it but can walk you thru it by looking at it. I know which pins to test by sight but not how to describe it.

My intermittent ABS lights disappeared after I replaced the control module. I had cleaned the exciter rings and sensors of metal debris but this didn't help. Replacing the module did, though.

EDIT to add: Don't pay more than $150 for a new control module... you can get em for cheaper than that, too. eBay is your friend. Just make sure you verify its a module for a GT w/ traction. See my video. The module will say GT TRACTION on it.