Dash harness swap: driver side door plug different

jfman

Jan 13, 2006
I am currently swapping a 91 gt vert dash harness into my 91 lx 4cylinder.

The problem is with the little harness that runs on the top and connects both doors together.

So far everything plugged right up except when I went to plug the drivers side harness plug to the door harness plug.

The gt harness a blue plug with only have 6 pins but my car has a grey plug with 8 pins :confused:

What's funny is that on the passenger side, everything hooked right up.

What gives?

4 cylinder : 8pin plug to the door

P1030274.jpg

gt vert: 6 pin plug (only 5 pins in it however) Extra relay WTF ???? and extra plug ???

P1030273.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

If you got this harness out of a GT vert then you are looking at the power window differences. Verts have 4 power windows, Coupes and HB only have 2. The rear windows in a coupe do not roll down.

I need more help

Now I am running the wires by the selenoid and battery and I cant figure it out.

I dont know where thes grounds go ? I'd ike them to be in the factory locations :(

P1030287.jpg

1 and 4 look like they go to a screw near the solenoid. 2 and 3 look like fuse links which go on the hot side to the solenoid however you need to clean the wires to be sure. They look like green and blue which are fuse links.

Yes 2 and 3 are green and blue.

So 1 and 4 are simply just grounds and 2 and 3 hook up on the pole of the selenoid that has the red wire going to it correct?

Edit: I also found a yellow wire that splits into 4 fuselinks... ?