Dash reassembled, now temp knob difficult to turn?

Hi all - I just finished replacing my heater core in my 92. Took my time to do this job right, fully removed hvac box, cleaned it, and replaced evap and heater core.

Reassembled just fine, but temp knob now is very stubborn; only turns with ALOT of force.

Any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

Funny, I had the same issue recently. When I reinstalled my dashboard, the cable drooped down where you could see it. I thought that was the reason why it was difficult to turn to the hot direction. I re-routed the cable up and it still was difficult to turn. I then lubed it with some graphite spray and that did it. It is nice and easy to turn again.

Good morning Gents, Interesting info. The prior owner of my 87 had the heater core replaced and I've noticed the same thing. The temperature control dial has more resistance in it than I feel it should. I'll have to see about detaching it from the most accessible end and lubricating it and seeing if that improves the movement. Or should I just take the whole cable out? Is it difficult to remove?

Thanks

I just unhooked the cable from the heater control panel and kept it attached to the heater box. I lubed both ends and cycled the cable a few times before putting it all back together.

Reactions: 1 user