dash swap

Graydon5oh

Nov 23, 2002
ARKANSAS
im at the end of a dash swap i have stripped every wire from my 86 vert and put in wires from a 87 hatch it now cranks and runs fine i had to make my own harness for the top my problems currently are headlights tail lights and windows. i had to go buy the blinker switch because i sold the one off my car a long time ago i went and bought one and when i asked for a 87 they showed one from 86 down and the only one they showed that looked to be correct was from a 93 well it doesnt work, also my brake lights are not working also both are getting power at the switches

• Sponsors (?)

kind of funny that you put rice killer in your sig, yet you seemed to have done the very thing ricers do, fix up their car with body mods to make it what it's not.

put the 86 nose back on it and imo go back to the original interior. if you want an 87+ car, go buy one.

ok because i make the car into something i like, ok if ur gonna mess with me about changing something so that i like it more ur messing with urself and everybody else that mods a mustang in a clean nice way. its not like im painting the dash yellow or **** like that.... also i got what i could afford at the time i work hard for what i have.....

kind of funny that you put rice killer in your sig, yet you seemed to have done the very thing ricers do, fix up their car with body mods to make it what it's not.

put the 86 nose back on it and imo go back to the original interior. if you want an 87+ car, go buy one.

probably one of the most ignorant things i've read in a while.

Yah you are 100% right! Hell why mod a mustang to make it what you want man! Your are crazy put it back stock! Come on stock is where it is! :rolleyes::rolleyes::nonono::nonono:

now can somebody please answer my question and tell me if there is a diff between the 87 and 93 blinker switch

that is a question that has no definite answer. from what i understand the multifunction swtich changed in various ways over the fox run. i beleive one major difference is that the wiper controls are reversed. 87 has delay setting on top and constant on bottom, and its the reverse for the later models. if you are using 87 wiring, etc. find the corresponding MF switch if you can

my statement is dead on, but not brought on with any tact, that I apologize for. I will tell you, you will get NO respect in the mustang world for what you have done, none at all. It will get so bad, you'll be driven to get rid of the car eventually.

dash swaps are ok, although I personally like the 4 eyed dash, nose swaps are NOT ok.

if you must figure out the wiring, (don't post) but search foureyedpride.com archives, there is a full write up on dash swaps.

please consider swapping the right nose back on.

look i dont have the original it was dont before i got it... and i like it im not out to make everybody else happy either and why would i sale my car because what others think. and i have no prob with the 4 eyes if mine were a 4 eye when i got it it probaly would have stayed a 4 eye but for the simple point that i didnt have the money nor the parts to restore it to a 4 eye with both correct bumpers i didnt i bought another 87 front end. u know i dont even know why im preaching to u

This coming from a guy that has a '97 Explorer motor in a Mustang.

. . . if you wanted an Explorer, then you should've bought one. :rolleyes:

my statement is dead on, but not brought on with any tact, that I apologize for. I will tell you, you will get NO respect in the mustang world for what you have done, none at all. It will get so bad, you'll be driven to get rid of the car eventually.

dash swaps are ok, although I personally like the 4 eyed dash, nose swaps are NOT ok.

if you must figure out the wiring, (don't post) but search foureyedpride.com archives, there is a full write up on dash swaps.

please consider swapping the right nose back on.
Total BS. If you're so adamant about the nose swap, then yopu should be the same about the interior. You're such a hypocrite. :nonono:

Funny. . . no one has disrespected me for transforming a 4-cyl coupe into a 5.0L coupe. :shrug:

Total BS. If you're so adamant about the nose swap, then yopu should be the same about the interior. You're such a hypocrite. :nonono:

Funny. . . no one has disrespected me for transforming a 4-cyl coupe into a 5.0L coupe. :shrug:

that is because you didnt deface anything

4cyl cars are not embraced by this hobby...the only ones that have any pull are the turbo 2.3 cars and they still arent as strong as the 5.0's.

the 4 eye population is decreasing drastically, its very very hard to find a decent one anymore. if someone made an endangered species list of cars, the 79-86 mustangs would DEFINITELY be on it. however, the 87-93's would not.

it just sucks to see these classics being turned into "just another mustang" that people are fairly used to seeing. when is the last time you happened across a clean 4 eye on the road? ok, now when did you last see a decent aero nose car? my money would be betting on that you have seen an aero nose car much more recently, and more often too.