Daytime Running Lights

Mustang_Driver

Mar 7, 2009
My car has Daytime Running Lights and i am thinking the module just went KA-PUTT as when the car is parked and shut off with the e-brake applied the headlights Stay On and kill my battery as i didn't see them on all day after i parked the car no other lights are on just the highs the light switch works normally and i just replaced the multi-function turn signal/wiper/hi-lo beam switch it just started this and am getting confused as to where i find this module and a part number or a way to bypass them all together

• Sponsors (?)

How to disable daylight running lights (DRL)

The post does not state the year of the car. :nono:

The wiring diagrams from 2002-2003 model year indicate that the Daylight Running Light (DRL) module is an option. The DRL module is located in the engine compartment front LH side. This is connector C1030.

I am 99% sure that the DRL option can be disabled by removing the relay module. It would be a good idea to tape over the open socket with electrical tape. Even better to add some dielectric silcone grease (same kind used for spark plugs) in the terminals. This will prevent moisture from causing a future problem.

I am also sure that a new DRL module can be purchased from Ford. This should be a simple repair.

If pulling the DRL module does not make the head lights go out, then some additional test will be needed. Will cross that bridge when get there.

Please see diagram-85-1 in post #2
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/798439-lighting-problems.html