• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

DC Controller Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter RangerJoe
  • Start date Start date Apr 16, 2011

RangerJoe

I leave the horn on while driving
15 Year Member
Apr 26, 2010
2,560
1,146
184
Georgia
Apr 16, 2011
#1
  • Apr 16, 2011
  • #1
I am looking at buying a DC Controller, but I can't get in touch with anyone at the company. I can't find a phone number on their website, and no one is returning my emails. Has anyone else had this trouble? How did you go about purchasing yours?

Thanks in advance!
 

tims 86

Member
Apr 19, 2009
187
0
16
pittsburgh,pa
Apr 16, 2011
#2
  • Apr 16, 2011
  • #2
i ended up with the flex a lite controller,, i have heard its a looong wait for the dcc one.
 
B

BYRDPE

Founding Member
Nov 4, 1998
1,556
0
37
Memphis,Tn.
Apr 16, 2011
#3
  • Apr 16, 2011
  • #3
tims 86 said:
i ended up with the flex a lite controller,, i have heard its a looong wait for the dcc one.
Click to expand...

ditto...got it in 2 days to boot. its a quality peice.
that said....most ppl just go ahead and place the order and wait...and wait...and post and wait...lol
however, most seem to be pleased when it does actually arrive.
 

stang&2Birds

Founding Member
May 4, 2000
2,091
5
58
New England. :-) CT/MA
Apr 16, 2011
#4
  • Apr 16, 2011
  • #4
If you can't wait 3+ months, then MOVE ALONG AND ***** OFF!

However, if you want the BEST controller out there, and for a dirt cheap price for what you get (IMHO), then get a DCC.

If you can't figure out how to buy one, then you are NOT the type of person that DCC wants as a customer. Sorry, that's just how life is sometimes!

FWIW: Don't bother with their two speed controller. IMHO, nice, but it's a joke compared to their PWM controllers. And, IMHO, the REAL savings is very minor for a Fox Stang electric fan setup.
 

stang&2Birds

Founding Member
May 4, 2000
2,091
5
58
New England. :-) CT/MA
Apr 16, 2011
#5
  • Apr 16, 2011
  • #5
RangerJoe said:
Has anyone else had this trouble? How did you go about purchasing yours?

Thanks in advance!
Click to expand...
Yea, I needed all my years in grad school to figure out their very complicated web page. Who the ****** would EVER think of clicking on the "BUY NOW" button that looks like a credit card.

From:
http://www.dccontrol.com/fancontrol.htm
View attachment 191507


Like I said, IMHO, I don't think that someone that can't figure out how to buy their controller is type of customer that DCC wants. If someone can't figure out something as simple as how to buy their product, they sure as hell don't need that person getting their panties in a bunch because they installed the controller wrong (gee, the red wire goes to 120V AC?, of maybe a spark plug?) and then going on the forums and p*****ing and moaning.


IMHO, PLEASE buy a flex-a-lite controller and leave the DCC controller for the tech/advanced people.
 

stang&2Birds

Founding Member
May 4, 2000
2,091
5
58
New England. :-) CT/MA
Apr 16, 2011
#6
  • Apr 16, 2011
  • #6
FWIW: DCControl is basically a one person company. The engineer that designed the controller is very smart and very good. IMHO, you'd be looking at ~$500K in development costs and a typical retail price of ~$350-$500 for that controller if it was designed by a typical company (like flex-a-lite). And, IMHO, it would likely be an inferior product.

So like I said, the DCC controller is really targeted for the ADVANCED user, and NOT someone that needs ANY HAND HOLDING AT ALL!

An hour of time for someone like Brian or myself is typically well over $100 charged to a company (check the contracting rates for Engineers with 15+ year experience). So, it's NOT worth his time to baby sit people people that need help in choosing or installing the product.

Brian is NOT getting rich of the product. IMHO, he could make a lot more, with a lot less hassle, picking up a weekend part-time contracting gig - like I do, and many other PAID WHORES (i.e. consultants:) do.
 

RacEoHolic330

I like to dress like a pretty girl
15 Year Member
Mar 4, 2003
4,014
1,698
203
Allentown, PA
Apr 16, 2011
#7
  • Apr 16, 2011
  • #7
End of soapbox?
 

RangerJoe

I leave the horn on while driving
15 Year Member
Apr 26, 2010
2,560
1,146
184
Georgia
Apr 16, 2011
#8
  • Apr 16, 2011
  • #8
Little embarrased and pissed

Well, I have to say that I am a little embarrassed. My browser window sizing was goofed up and cutting off the far end of the page. That being said, it was pretty ignorant on my part to have not figured it out. Initially I had emailed the company with a question about the controller, and never received a response.

Even with that, I believe it is even more ignorant on your part to make such comments. We all make simple goofball mistakes (ie: not resizing your browser), but to insult intelligence and criticize to such and extent seems immature; especially when you do not know who you are speaking to. I would also hate to think that as a business owner, someone on a website was discouraging a potential customer from buying a great product because someone behind a computer screen got ill tempered with their keyboard.

I enjoy using this site to research and learn (yes learn, I don't know everything). Most everyone I have ever dealt with on here has been very helpful. I appreciate your help StangBird, but please, lay off with the insults. I have no interest in starting any type of feud, I just want to keep the learning enviroment friendly. I'm sure that you meant nothing by it, and I will move along now. Thanks for everyone's help again.
 

tims 86

Member
Apr 19, 2009
187
0
16
pittsburgh,pa
Apr 16, 2011
#9
  • Apr 16, 2011
  • #9
couldnt say it better myself,, you dont need to talk down to people. everyone has something new to learn and mistakes that are made. if the guy that makes the controllers doesnt want the hassle to answer potential customers then he needs to stop making them.
 

No.11

10 Year Member
Oct 13, 2009
614
10
48
Los Angeles
Apr 16, 2011
#10
  • Apr 16, 2011
  • #10
stang&2Birds said:
FWIW: Don't bother with their two speed controller. IMHO, nice, but it's a joke compared to their PWM controllers. And, IMHO, the REAL savings is very minor for a Fox Stang electric fan setup.
Click to expand...

so which controller is best for a 3.8 Taurus or MKVIII fan setup on a fox?
 

Beasty306GT

Active Member
Dec 19, 2002
671
4
28
Oxford,Mass
Apr 18, 2011
#11
  • Apr 18, 2011
  • #11
get the 2 speed fan controller thats what i got i still need to install it.. thats what he built them for for the 2 speed taurus fans ...it took over a month to get..ull never get an email response from him so ull just have to wait it out..with the summer and nice weather here its probably a longer wait now..but it is worth the wait.....very nice product..easy install..i would expect a month or 2 to recive it if u order now
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,396
21,602
234
Box behind Walmart
Apr 18, 2011
#12
  • Apr 18, 2011
  • #12
stang&2Birds said:
If you can't wait 3+ months, then MOVE ALONG AND ***** OFF!

However, if you want the BEST controller out there, and for a dirt cheap price for what you get (IMHO), then get a DCC.

If you can't figure out how to buy one, then you are NOT the type of person that DCC wants as a customer. Sorry, that's just how life is sometimes!

FWIW: Don't bother with their two speed controller. IMHO, nice, but it's a joke compared to their PWM controllers. And, IMHO, the REAL savings is very minor for a Fox Stang electric fan setup.
Click to expand...

stang&2Birds said:
Yea, I needed all my years in grad school to figure out their very complicated web page. Who the ****** would EVER think of clicking on the "BUY NOW" button that looks like a credit card.

From:
Fan Control
View attachment 191391


Like I said, IMHO, I don't think that someone that can't figure out how to buy their controller is type of customer that DCC wants. If someone can't figure out something as simple as how to buy their product, they sure as hell don't need that person getting their panties in a bunch because they installed the controller wrong (gee, the red wire goes to 120V AC?, of maybe a spark plug?) and then going on the forums and p*****ing and moaning.


IMHO, PLEASE buy a flex-a-lite controller and leave the DCC controller for the tech/advanced people.
Click to expand...

stang&2Birds said:
FWIW: DCControl is basically a one person company. The engineer that designed the controller is very smart and very good. IMHO, you'd be looking at ~$500K in development costs and a typical retail price of ~$350-$500 for that controller if it was designed by a typical company (like flex-a-lite). And, IMHO, it would likely be an inferior product.

So like I said, the DCC controller is really targeted for the ADVANCED user, and NOT someone that needs ANY HAND HOLDING AT ALL!

An hour of time for someone like Brian or myself is typically well over $100 charged to a company (check the contracting rates for Engineers with 15+ year experience). So, it's NOT worth his time to baby sit people people that need help in choosing or installing the product.

Brian is NOT getting rich of the product. IMHO, he could make a lot more, with a lot less hassle, picking up a weekend part-time contracting gig - like I do, and many other PAID WHORES (i.e. consultants:) do.
Click to expand...


Jesus... Rant Much?
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,396
21,602
234
Box behind Walmart
Apr 18, 2011
#13
  • Apr 18, 2011
  • #13
RangerJoe said:
Well, I have to say that I am a little embarrassed. My browser window sizing was goofed up and cutting off the far end of the page. That being said, it was pretty ignorant on my part to have not figured it out. Initially I had emailed the company with a question about the controller, and never received a response.

Even with that, I believe it is even more ignorant on your part to make such comments. We all make simple goofball mistakes (ie: not resizing your browser), but to insult intelligence and criticize to such and extent seems immature; especially when you do not know who you are speaking to. I would also hate to think that as a business owner, someone on a website was discouraging a potential customer from buying a great product because someone behind a computer screen got ill tempered with their keyboard.

I enjoy using this site to research and learn (yes learn, I don't know everything). Most everyone I have ever dealt with on here has been very helpful. I appreciate your help StangBird, but please, lay off with the insults. I have no interest in starting any type of feud, I just want to keep the learning enviroment friendly. I'm sure that you meant nothing by it, and I will move along now. Thanks for everyone's help again.
Click to expand...


Agreed!

...and RangerJoe... it's what... 4 lousy wires and thermostat you gotta hook up. I think that even a couple of dullards like you and I can figure it out. It's not rocket science after all.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Brakes 80 Mustang 4.2 rear chassis brake line for 5 lug conversion!
  • StangPowerLSX510
  • Aug 6, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
135
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 9, 2026
limp
B
Help! Fox with idle issues
  • bbarton
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
213
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 12, 2026
AeroCoupe
S
Best place to source power steering parts for a '67? (control valve, ram, hoses)
  • SophiaTatum
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
159
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jun 18, 2026
SophiaTatum
S
4
Drivetrain Wilwood Clutch and Brake Pedal Combo Installation - Help
  • 427stang
  • Jul 8, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
83
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 8, 2026
427stang
4
C
Electrical HELP! 1989 5.0 Stick, Voltage Bleed onto Ignition Trigger wire
  • ChickenDeluxe
  • May 14, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
327
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 24, 2026
ChickenDeluxe
C
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?