Dead battery light is turning on and off HELP!! PLEASE!!

• Sponsors (?)

Are you running underdrive pulleys? If so, this could be one cause if your light is coming on at low speed/RPM. My battery light comes on all the time, but my voltage doesn't drop. Once you get it scanned, if it doesn't throw any codes, I wouldn't worry about it.

I agree it is probably the alternator. On Cobras they fail MUCH more often because they are in a different and far hotter place. There is a guy on Modular Fords that has an awesome alternator thread going and re-manufactures Cobra alternators. Check it out...

I have had a friend with a 03 Cobra go through the same process. I believe after going through several, he went out and got a higher amp PA one. He bought it through a reputable seller online and hasn't had to send it in for warranty since he did that. He holds onto his stock one in case this PA one craps out on him..

I wish it was the Alternator but I got it tested and thy said it was fine. I will get it re tested just to make sure but My guess is a bed sensor

There is one wire from your alternator that feeds that warning light. Check fuse #5 (15A). Pull it out and really check it. That may be the cause.

2003CobraAlternatorSchematic.jpg