Decent night at track

5.0_GT_kid

20+ Year Stangneter :roc</strong><span class=
Apr 18, 2004
1,155
1
39
Largo, Florida
Well got back from the dragstrip last night, and I am pleased with the results so far :D

Right now my 1994 GT has 206,xxx thousand miles ( :shock: ) and the engine has not been rebuilt, but I just recently had a brand new T-5 put in. It has Off-road H-pipe, 40 series and a MAC Cold air intake. Also have a Tri-Ax.

After running 9.9 and 9.8's in the 1/8 mile with what turned out to be a shot T-5, I finally laid down these times on my best run.

R/T: .657 (best of night was actually a .518 on 2nd run)
60': 2.104 on 225/50 street tires :nonono:
ET: 9.541
MPH: 72.23

Not bad for what the car is I think. I know the 60' ft has to come down, and I plan to accomplish that with some suspension mods and DR's in the future.

Anyways just wanted to share, let me all know what you think :banana:
 
Thanks guys :banana: I'm really hoping to get those times down, especially the 60ft.

Wytstang, I've asked Chad to come down to the strip and make a few runs on my car and see what he can get out of it. Did you know he got a 1.9 60' on 225 street tires one time! :shock:
 
Yeah, can't wait til I finally have the $$$ to spend and have them build that 306, that engine is gonna be killer :banana:

EDIT: Here is a video of my second run. Got out of the hole pretty good but botched the 1-2 shift (only my 2nd run on new tranny), so please don't flame me, I was :nonono: all night over that run.

Video http://www.tbmustangs.com/track/new/eric2.avi (right click and save as please)

I still smoked my buddy and his old stang though :banana: