Decisions decisions Pro M or Holley Terminator X

• Sponsors (?)

T56 is a fun/awesome solution. To keep your T5 alive, just keep all-seasons and a light, organic, sprung-hub clutch on it. If you go kevlar/ceramic clutch and drag radials or stickier, the T5 is toast. That said, you'll never get the potential out of the combination with the T5 without considerable risk.

Back to the subject of the thread, Holly or MS is where I'd end up if I did another turbo setup today.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not a fan of Holley. I dont know much about Pro M. I run mspnp2 but would choose ms3 if I knew what I know now.

Term x. MAF is completely unnecessary to have a perfectly running car. Speed density is used by many oems as the method of controlling fuel and spark. Ask literally any other efi company besides pro-m (or another that also sells them) if you need a maf, or even if they recommend one.

If you go to the track you will find people who will be able to help support you with the Holley. Pro-m is a very small niche market when compared to the Holley.

Plus pro-m uses a weird load based ignition and fuel tables as opposed to just manifold pressure.

Now I’ll say this - a lot of people who use the pro-m are happy with it, it’s just not what I’m looking for. You might be different.

Fwiw I use a ms3 based pimpxs and I really like it. With $1000 ecu and a $90 expansion harness you have a lot of options. Plus Wes and Shannon have really good tech support on their dedicate forum for their users.
When you say “MAF is completely unnecessary to have a perfectly running car” you‘re half correct. You can stay speed density if you have a stock cam, but speed density doesn’t like big cams. If you go to an E cam, or something like a TFI Stage ll cam you need Mass Air.

When you say “MAF is completely unnecessary to have a perfectly running car” you‘re half correct. You can stay speed density if you have a stock cam, but speed density doesn’t like big cams. If you go to an E cam, or something like a TFI Stage ll cam you need Mass Air.
That's true for stock speed density where you don't have the ability to tune. With a stand-alone, there's no problem running a bigger cam.

No, I am full correct.

• Loved It!
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
So, you guys have convinced me. Either pimpxs or Holley ... mega squirt is still on the table also. Pro M seems great also but as many mentioned and after a bit more research the support does seem limited , very limited! I am not gonna lie I have very very novice tuning exp and that has been mostly with a MAF that is why I am so hesitant to go with a MAP sensor and nix the MAF but at the price point of the Holley and pimpxs I could get it early before the turbo and practice f*cking up my car without hopefully not doing too much damage. I am very passionate about engines and learning to tune. :poo: I do a lot of programming in my job from Linux, python cisco and Dell networking equipment, V center and AWS. Don't know how that will translate to automotive tuning but hopefully I can figure it out as I did all those

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
Modern Speed Density is not like the speed density of the 86-88 mustang.

Ford has actually transitioned some of its MAF cars over to speed density setups. The 2020 GT500 is speed density. Modern setups are plenty capable.

before you do ANYTHING give Matt Leech a call. https://www.facebook.com/theleech405/

There are 1000 opinions out there how to do it. in MY opinion if you want to tune it, get the Holley, If you want to drive it get the Pro M. That being said, I've run the stock A9l/A9P on NA and boosted cars for 30 years and never needed to change. Call me a dinosaur.

Attachments

• 1672704660107.jpeg
    1672704660107.jpeg
    12.9 KB · Views: 46
before you do ANYTHING give Matt Leech a call. https://www.facebook.com/theleech405/

There are 1000 opinions out there how to do it. in MY opinion if you want to tune it, get the Holley, If you want to drive it get the Pro M. That being said, I've run the stock A9l/A9P on NA and boosted cars for 30 years and never needed to change. Call me a dinosaur.
We can argue this but I’ll bet I have put more miles on my Holley efi car then most have in here this year alone . :shrug:

We can argue this but I’ll bet I have put more miles on my Holley efi car then most have in here this year alone . :shrug:
I'm not most,I daily mine and have done so for fifteen years.That being said I'm going megasquit, DROP MIKE( Keyboard).................

• Haha
I'm not most,I daily mine and have done so for fifteen years.That being said I'm going megasquit, DROP MIKE( Keyboard).................
Right but you daily drive your car you’re an exception for the mileage . Id still have no issue doing the same with a Holley car . It comes down to what you like to use , there’s plenty of people who use it so the support is there as well .

Yeah, I tend to agree with that statement as well. I have a megasquirt, and drive the hell out of my car - as with Holley controlled vehicles. My friends with Haltech and fueltech do the same.

It’s 2023, there are so many good options out there for engine management that offer almost limitless possibilities - and they’re not hard to learn how to run.

I agree, my advice to most people is pick what you need for your budget.. what are you/ your tuner comfortable using is almost always the first item on the list.
Makes no sense to take a Haltech into a shop that sells and uses Holley ect. Can they tune it, sure... but will it be optimized are you going to end up paying for them to learn the system. Ect..
Some shop only want to work with one system , what they are familiar with and there is nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, I tend to agree with that statement as well. I have a megasquirt, and drive the hell out of my car - as with Holley controlled vehicles. My friends with Haltech and fueltech do the same.

It’s 2023, there are so many good options out there for engine management that offer almost limitless possibilities - and they’re not hard to learn how to run.
I’m just saying , I agree with your answer as well as a91 - I just find it funny the guys that steer people away from a lot of stuff in here have never used it themselves . This is definitely a forum where you see a miniority of Holley stuff or people using it . But it’s plenty capable and readily used almost everywhere like I said . Doesn’t mean I don’t love or want to try others .

I’d love to try a nexus r5 or the newest fuel tech stuff .

The only thing I’m not a fan of here is using 28 plus year old engine harnesses . That’s just my preference .

looks like im in the minority here but i went Pro M EFI over Holley. I did the full package with COP and Crank sensor. My car has never run so good. Install, start, and drive.
I will say Chris of Pro M is somewhat hard to work with but if you can look past his odd personally he does offer a great quality product and very informative with knowledge.
Ive used a Tweecer R/T, SCT Chip, DFI stand-alone, and now the Pro M EFI and its never run this good before. I am extremely happy with my decission. It does bother me with him being a one man band, but he answered all my emails, monday-friday and saturday and sunday as well. Being built with the oem quality, i hope the system keeps my car running for a long time. Best thing is, i can change anything parts on the car, start it and drive it.
Ill be installing the Flex Fuel sensor as well so i can run E85. Cant wait for that.
Only thing i will say, if you were to buy the Pro M EFI, i would opt out of the Innovate Wideband and order a Zeitronix wideband instead. I have the Innovate and althrough i have not had any issues with it yet, just about everyone ive talked to online has and have switched to the Zeitronix with no issues.

Last edited:
Ok so on the Holley Term X kit for foxbody part number 550-937 does this kit run an entirely new engine harness, like what the pro-m kit does? It’s basically a plug and play harness for different years to mate up with existing sensors etc. I had a pro-m kit but it was the universal hot rod harness, ended up never using it. Was a nice set up just didn’t have my year harness and im not guru enough to be able to wire in certain sections and make that universal harness work on my car. I ended up selling it, got my money back. What I really liked about pro-m set up though, was the fact of getting a whole new efi harness, which you could pull the old beater out. Thanks for the info.