• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

Decklid Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lipid_Sama
  • Start date Start date Sep 7, 2005

Lipid_Sama

New Member
Aug 25, 2004
55
0
0
Sep 7, 2005
#1
  • Sep 7, 2005
  • #1
Hey guys, I ordered a mustang GT last week, Black with Dark Grey Interior and what not. Well I was driving home last night from some night classes at the local University, and I ran through some car lots because thats what I do on a nice summer night when theres no traffic. It seems the Ford lot got some 2006 Mustangs in, a few V6 pony package mustang, witch look really reeally nice I must say. and a couple GT's. Well I got to looking, and they had an all black GT GT sitting there, with ever option I ordered except it had a factory spoiler on it. Well I ordered mine without a spoiler, factory delete option.

Do you guys thing the dealdership could just order me a new decklid?, and change this one around so I could buy this car instead of waiting like 2/3 more months for the one I made, and get some use out it before winter hits us?

I would much, much, much rather have a Duck Tail spoiler over factory spoiler.

CDC w/ Pony (Bolt it on) so I can go have some Grey, ghost stripes painted on.
 

crewwolfy

Member
May 26, 2005
108
0
16
Chicago, IL
Sep 7, 2005
#2
  • Sep 7, 2005
  • #2
Lipid_Sama said:
Well I ordered mine without a spoiler, factory delete option.
...
Do you guys thing the dealdership could just order me a new decklid?
...
I would much, much, much rather have a Duck Tail spoiler over factory spoiler.
Click to expand...

I don't understand. You ordered it spoiler delete, you'd much rather have a ducktail than a factory spoiler, but you want them to order a new deck lid?
 

Tupperware

New Member
Oct 5, 2004
41
0
0
Raeford, NC
Sep 7, 2005
#3
  • Sep 7, 2005
  • #3
I'm assuming he's worried about the holes from the spoiler on the current decklid. Hence, the dealership ordering him a new decklid - minus the holes from the factory wing.

-J
 

crewwolfy

Member
May 26, 2005
108
0
16
Chicago, IL
Sep 7, 2005
#4
  • Sep 7, 2005
  • #4
Ah. Well go for it if you can. But the Roush ducktail, so I hear, uses the factory holes, or at least covers them up. I personally prefer the Roush ducktail to the traditional.
 
C

ChldsPlay

New Member
Aug 16, 2005
19
0
0
Sep 7, 2005
#5
  • Sep 7, 2005
  • #5
dealership messed up my order (manual instead of auto) they got a car similar to mine in, but it had a spoiler on it. I asked if they could remove it, and he said no, so I'm waiting for the new order now. They are expediting it though, got the regional guy on it to make it go fast.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Electrical Dash wiring
  • RileyDymond
  • Jul 19, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
134
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 19, 2026
RileyDymond
J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
245
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
144
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
Engine Suggestions on an engine rebuild. Stock cam/GT40Ps or aftermarket on both for a fun weekend driver?
  • MadSquirrelTech
  • Apr 28, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 7, 2026
MadSquirrelTech
L
95 gt engine vibration
  • lenzgt
  • May 11, 2026
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
6
Views
322
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech May 26, 2026
lenzgt
L
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?