Decrease E/t, Next Mods?

15GTrob

5 Year Member
Aug 23, 2015
So Christmas is just around the corner and after my recent experience at the track my E/T and 60' times were not very good. I didn't have any traction in first and second gear but I'm afraid that sticky tires are going to destroy either my axles or my driveshaft. I heard that Ford ran a supercharged Roush 10.99 on stock clutch, and driveshaft. They did however replace the axles and added some Hosier slicks. They were coming out of the hole at 5K. I don't think I really need to launch that hard. If I could just ease off the line and lay into the throttle and let the car pull I would be happy. I'm registered to run in the Wanna Go Fast event in Ocala. its a 1/2 mile drag. I really want to have better Traction for this event. What are the suggestions? What wheel and tire would you recommend? I'm considering full slicks and trailering the car just in case it breaks.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I work in Ocala, and would love to go to that event, but $300 seems a bit steep for my cheap ass, lol.

What tires do you have now, the stock 255 summer pirellis?

Holy cow....

"DRIVER REGISTRATION IS NOW SOLD OUT!! Our participant waitlist is now full!! Thanks to everyone for the RECORD 12 Minute SELL OUT!!"

Did they really sell all 150 slots in 12 minutes?

I have 275 summer Pirellis they come with the Performance pack. There was a pre registration for people that ran in the event last year. A buddy of mine hooked me up since I was going forced induction. I was registered two days prior to open reg. To answer your question though the remaining sold out in 12 minutes. I believe you can spectate for around 20 a head.

So I believe I just solved my traction problems, I've ordered a one piece aluminum drive shaft, and 800 HP axles from Drive Shaft Shop, and a set of performance pack 10"x20" black wheels with Nitto NT05R 315 35-20s.

The WannaGoFast events are for top speed only. Times are (for the most part) irrelevant. I would try and get a good set of performance tires before the event. Last year, the only car that I saw that didn't have performance tires was a fairly stock Mazda Miata that did 99 mph in the 1/2 mile.

I do hope that they do some prep work to the starting line because there were a few spin outs and a lot of drivers just creating smoke and going nowhere fast.

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully the Nitto NT05Rs will work out well. I'm trying to decrease my ET in the 1/4 but as for as Wanna Go Fast I just really want to make sure I have a decent set of tires for the event. Last year in Ocala I don't recall seeing any track prep being done. The airport probably won't allow anything other than the rubber coming off the tires. I don't see why they couldn't run a street sweeper though. It was very dusty.

Hopefully the Nitto NT05Rs will work out well. I'm trying to decrease my ET in the 1/4 but as for as Wanna Go Fast I just really want to make sure I have a decent set of tires for the event. Last year in Ocala I don't recall seeing any track prep being done. The airport probably won't allow anything other than the rubber coming off the tires. I don't see why they couldn't run a street sweeper though. It was very dusty.

Which is strange because it rained the day/night before the event. It did make for quite the spectacle when that Lambo spun off the track and into the pond.

Which is strange because it rained the day/night before the event. It did make for quite the spectacle when that Lambo spun off the track and into the pond.
Yeah but the run before that his rear diffuser came apart so he took the whole rear bumper/diffuser off and ran it again. I'd think aero at those speeds is very important and probably not a good move on his part to run without it. I was worried for that guy glad he got out alive and relatively unscathed.

So Christmas is just around the corner and after my recent experience at the track my E/T and 60' times were not very good. I didn't have any traction in first and second gear but I'm afraid that sticky tires are going to destroy either my axles or my driveshaft. I heard that Ford ran a supercharged Roush 10.99 on stock clutch, and driveshaft. They did however replace the axles and added some Hosier slicks. They were coming out of the hole at 5K. I don't think I really need to launch that hard. If I could just ease off the line and lay into the throttle and let the car pull I would be happy. I'm registered to run in the Wanna Go Fast event in Ocala. its a 1/2 mile drag. I really want to have better Traction for this event. What are the suggestions? What wheel and tire would you recommend? I'm considering full slicks and trailering the car just in case it breaks.
FWIW, a buddy of mine has a Roush S550 and has been 10.8x on the stock clutch, wheels, tires, driveshaft and axles. The car has over 40 10 second passes and nearly 100 11 second passes to date and zero issues. I am beginning to think that the platform in stock form is more stout than most people give it credit. This hasn't deterred me from making the upgrades however :)

I'd rather play it safe breaking an axle could destroy some IRS parts. Does he have a finely tuned suspension? I'm just curious how he is able to get traction like that for a 10 second pass with those tires.

I'd rather play it safe breaking an axle could destroy some IRS parts. Does he have a finely tuned suspension? I'm just curious how he is able to get traction like that for a 10 second pass with those tires.
His car has aluminum sub frame supports but that is it, don't get me wrong... It makes 9 second power and would run the number with better parts on the car