• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Deep Dish 17x10 or 18x10s on a LX.

  • Thread starter Thread starter leroy93lx
  • Start date Start date Feb 4, 2008

leroy93lx

Member
Jun 24, 2007
29
2
9
Indiana
Feb 4, 2008
#1
  • Feb 4, 2008
  • #1
I would like to see a 10'' deep dish rim on a stock drum brake rearend. I am trying to see about where they sit on the outer wheel well. I think i decided on a set of wheels for the coupe finally and an 18x10 is the only option for the rear. So if anybody has any pics from multi angles post them up! I would appreciate it. If at all possible tire sizes , offsets and backspacing would help me alot too. Thanks Again
 

25thmustang

Mustang Master
Sep 5, 2003
2,021
85
99
Montgomery, NY
Feb 4, 2008
#2
  • Feb 4, 2008
  • #2
I have 18x10s but no drums, I run disc brakes out back. Probably would sit in the same position though, but I'm not sure.
 

leroy93lx

Member
Jun 24, 2007
29
2
9
Indiana
Feb 4, 2008
#3
  • Feb 4, 2008
  • #3
25th did you go with a late model rearend or like a north race cars set up?
 

25thmustang

Mustang Master
Sep 5, 2003
2,021
85
99
Montgomery, NY
Feb 4, 2008
#4
  • Feb 4, 2008
  • #4
NRC set up with fox axles and SN-95 discs.
 

leroy93lx

Member
Jun 24, 2007
29
2
9
Indiana
Feb 4, 2008
#5
  • Feb 4, 2008
  • #5
I might as well go ahead and do that. Do you have much clearance on the inner wheel well 25th? I want mine to be tucked inside the outer wheel lip as much as i can. Without the risk of cutting tires and creasing quarter panels that is!
 

25thmustang

Mustang Master
Sep 5, 2003
2,021
85
99
Montgomery, NY
Feb 4, 2008
#6
  • Feb 4, 2008
  • #6
I run without quads and have a decent amount of space. It is tight but other than hard turns or stuffing the tire because of articulation I have no issues with normal driving. Mine aren't tucked but I did roll the fenders just to be safe.
 

leroy93lx

Member
Jun 24, 2007
29
2
9
Indiana
Feb 4, 2008
#7
  • Feb 4, 2008
  • #7
Sweet. Thanks for the info! Im going to run a slightly taller 265 40 18 drag radial on the rear, i hope like hell it will work! Luckily my local tire store will let me test fit everything when it gets mounted and balanced. Hopefully in a month or so i will get to pic whore 18'' Fooses tucked under the notch!
 

25thmustang

Mustang Master
Sep 5, 2003
2,021
85
99
Montgomery, NY
Feb 4, 2008
#8
  • Feb 4, 2008
  • #8
Thats going to be a narrow tire for a 10" rim. I run a 285/35/18 and fits good, but could stand to be slightly wider. You shouldn't have too much issue running it, the only concern I would personally have is the tire on the rim.

Also what rims, BSing and offset play a role as well.
 

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
3,501
28
119
Motor City
Feb 4, 2008
#9
  • Feb 4, 2008
  • #9
Leroy, go to www.corral.net

They have a tire and wheel thread that is almost 100 pages long and over 3 years old. They have every kind of fox with every kind of wheel and rear end set up. That is where I have been looking and deciding on wheels. One guy has a 17x10.5 with a 275 or 315, can't remember. They are right to the edge, go check it out, it is sweet!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
M
Need Wheel Measurement Help Please
  • MintyFresh
  • Nov 15, 2022
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Nov 16, 2022
manicmechanic007
Suspension 1993 LX 'Vert 5 lug /Big Brake upgrade confirmation of plan / input
  • derek1993
  • Dec 16, 2020
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
9
Views
2K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jan 28, 2021
derek1993
93 LX Brake Questions
  • derek1993
  • Dec 14, 2020
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Dec 15, 2020
Mstng93SSP
B
Deep dish rim question 2001 Bullitt
  • Bbeall99
  • Aug 10, 2019
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
2K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 10, 2019
Bbeall99
B
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?