Deep Dish Bullitts

TorchRed02

Sep 18, 2004
This might sound like a stupid question but I have a 17x10.5 deep dish bullitts on my 02 GT. I love the look of them and will be getting a 05 GT in a few months, but I wondering if the ones for the current mustangs will fit the newer 05s?

• Sponsors (?)

TorchRed02 said:
This might sound like a stupid question but I have a 17x10.5 deep dish bullitts on my 02 GT. I love the look of them and will be getting a 05 GT in a few months, but I wondering if the ones for the current mustangs will fit the newer 05s?

My understanding is that current wheels will not fit the new 2005 Mustangs due to an offset change.

the new 05 GT comes standard with 17" painted Bullit Styled wheels, the polished aluminum wheel inn most pictures is an option. So if your getting the GT I wouldn't worry if you want that look; they come with it.

Almost all new vehicles use wheels with larger offsets than older cars. The larger offset allows for both longer suspension arms and more room in the engine bay.

Specifically the 2005 Mustang GT has a 45 mm offset, vs, the 24 mm offset of the 99-04 Stangs,

Deep dish wheels are old school. Not compatible with modern vehicle design.

Yeah but the 05 needs some MUCH MUCH bigger rims than the current Mustangs. 10.5 would help out a lot, but even then at least a 19 inch is a must IMO.... the car is a lot bigger than the current one.

The current design doesn't have the kind of room for a deep dish wheel like the old one. You might get a little lip if you're lucky, but most of the compatible designs are going to be with the wheel spokes close to the outer edge of the rim. No super deep dish rears like the ones I have.

Kind of ashame, but I don't think they would look as good on the 05 as they do an SN95.

the bullets look fine to me!
SS-06-Ford-Mustang-Con-04.jpg