design new way to replace heater core

Status
Not open for further replies.

revedup

Nov 18, 2005
S.F. Cal,
ok techies lets rubb our noggins together and 1 guy had an idea,
we need to either find a stronger type tube design w/out the fragile fins, a tuba designed type or a n oil cooler of stronger design.
2. or we need to sawzall an area large enough under hood and walah pull core thru instal what you want rebolt or solder or weld plate back??
ok i know your brains are wokin overtime lets hear any and all ideas.:D

• Sponsors (?)

Or just do it the right way, and use a good part so it don't go bad in a year :shrug:

yeah take a pole and see how many want to even tackle it replacing every several years more or less, not to mention most shops wont even touch a fox heater core replacement, and if so figure here in s.f. bay area minimumm $600 up to $1,100 everyone knows 86 was a fa superior design that ford din't care they figured they could get more customers this way , just check all complaints a real weak spot in this fox design 87 up!:nice:

They are not hard at all. It is just interior work, which you have to be careful of because its plastic. They are not as hard as people make them out to be, I did one in my driveway in less than 2 hours lol

everytime i post theres a contrarian smart a_ _ just watin to show everyone how great he is.
Ok try searching heater core and read wat yer fellow stangers are saying , few and i mean few have said 2 hours in my drive way not har at all.
Read wat majority have said about it , my post aint for people to go oh no problem.
believe and or read, most people would rather do a rack and pinion change over this or nearly most a lot of other jobs on fox's its dark its crambed fragile pieces, searching all over for hidden screws u luv it so much why dont you start ur own buisness changin em for everyone for $200 bucks , i,m sure youl be busy forever good night, do me a favor look up heater core here read befor another response to me i'd apreciate it thanx good night forever i hope (just kiddin ) anyways heard theyre easier if you also have room , its also freezin here w/out an enclosed garage bad time of year to do it , i would tackle it though good night:nonono:

everytime i post theres a contrarian smart a_ _ just watin to show everyone how great he is.
Ok try searching heater core and read wat yer fellow stangers are saying , few and i mean few have said 2 hours in my drive way not har at all.
Read wat majority have said about it , my post aint for people to go oh no problem.
believe and or read, most people would rather do a rack and pinion change over this or nearly most a lot of other jobs on fox's its dark its crambed fragile pieces, searching all over for hidden screws u luv it so much why dont you start ur own buisness changin em for everyone for $200 bucks , i,m sure youl be busy forever good night, do me a favor look up heater core here read befor another response to me i'd apreciate it thanx good night forever i hope (just kiddin ) anyways heard theyre easier if you also have room , its also freezin here w/out an enclosed garage bad time of year to do it , i would tackle it though good night:nonono:

mood swings much ????

DSC06973-main_Full.jpg

I havent done a heater core, probably because my bypass works fine and I dont drive the car in the winter, but cutting a hole in the firewal seems a bit extreme. Maybe it would work, but thats just hack. Do it the right way and be done with it. Take a look at oil pan gaskets on our cars. Yea its a pain but you dont see people cutting out sections of the K member. Not every car is designed perfectly. Im sure if Ford knew heater cores would be such a problem on foxes, they would have done it differently.

Whew... I did one in my 79 a loooong time ago, does that count? It was about 3 hours of cursing and prying so I didn't have to remove the dash. In hind sight, I should have removed the dash, that is what I did in my 96 and it was relatively easy.

Great another noob :nonono: based on this the rest of his posts on here should be intresting :shrug: peace

john:p

They aren't that hard to do. 2 hours and i can be wrapping up putting the dash back in.

I used to say buy the FORD core, but Ford lately has been sourcing the same manufacturer as Autozone or other parts stores...so the quality has gone way down. I don't believe anyone makes a good core anymore.

I would not sacrifice the structural integrity of the firewall however to make replacing one easier.

Just carry a nutdriver and core bypass kit with you, and learn how to remove the dash. It is easy as pie really.

Don't need to be a dick. I am just saying they are not as hard as people make them out to be..

official memeber huh if i was to use language u dicks would throw me offin a minute wats this a double standard.
anyways its just i,m trying to add some positivity to it maybe realize not all of fox's designs are great this heater core position being one why cant you aknowledge that ! you know look at yourself , read wat stangers are saying that everyone knows changin the heater core in these 87-93 satngas are a pain in the ass is most common way people describe it.
i do agree that ive tackled just about any job personally myself including changing the rack and pinion stterring prety big, and i just aint gonna show everyone here how "easy" workin on these are.
all i ask for is smart people that have 5.0's put heads together and consider other ways of improving on our beloved 5.0's ok is that better.:nonono:

They aren't that hard to do. 2 hours and i can be wrapping up putting the dash back in.

I used to say buy the FORD core, but Ford lately has been sourcing the same manufacturer as Autozone or other parts stores...so the quality has gone way down. I don't believe anyone makes a good core anymore.

I would not sacrifice the structural integrity of the firewall however to make replacing one easier.

Just carry a nutdriver and core bypass kit with you, and learn how to remove the dash. It is easy as pie really.

ok so a girlly girl with double d tits that looks like theyd crap if they broke their nail you tellin me youd lay on yer back rear out 3/4's of your interior strain to see or park in direct sun and dirty ur hands risk cuttin g them and gettin dirt in ur eyes ect.
well i guess clowns come in all disguises, why cant anyone here be real i'll tell u why cause if people dont be a smart ass they'll have to exhibit who what they really are with all their weakness warts and all and we just can allow the world to see us like that oh noooooo.
i hope you stang freaks learn something other than thinking wreching on a several hundred dollar car makes you somebody, but i am being little harsh, i hope everyone feelings dont get so hurt as i know how sensitive ya are about defending this hunk a metal that 'll probably outlast all of us anyways , so this whole conversation is meaningless anyways so caryy on i'm sure you will and brag about how great all a you are its easy cause its the net. good night and i hope i've give youl all some one to talk about for the rest of your measly lives ,(just kiddin? i can be called a dick by an official member but i'm sure if i call you measly it'll kill ya anyways get under yer cars and do me a favor stay there.:D

i agree 100% peace

john:p

par for the course after alll yoo goody two shoes stick together and booo someone w/ a brain isnt it so easy to dismiss him by calling him seems to be your offical members favorite word a dick cause he tells you your little mustang isnt designed very good oh noooo we cant be honest oh noooo easier to beat up on the 1 guy with just an idea oh nooooo.
i like my 5.0 but if u sissys cant see the insensitive nature of ford 's design done basically to get you in to take it in and take thousand bucks from ya then theres no hope for you its all im saying so put ur dander back quit rufflin yer feathers and look at wat im saying. its really big corporations like ford greedy to get every penny they can from us poor strugglin blue collar average joes like us who strugglw w support of this mustang that in reality is not really that good of a desing in many ways, ford should be so lucky that this icon has had the support it has and it aint as pretty as camaro ,firebird, only 60's designs were and early 70's designs were anything but 1 thin goin for it has always been the engine and only cause theres little choice in that area has this icon remained viable so sorry if all ur nerves a frazzled but youll recover maybe got thing to do like gas my 89 5.0 up cause it only gets 13 m.p gallon bye for now. :mad:

ok so a girlly girl with double d tits that looks like theyd crap if they broke their nail you tellin me youd lay on yer back rear out 3/4's of your interior strain to see or park in direct sun and dirty ur hands risk cuttin g them and gettin dirt in ur eyes ect.

Ummm... thats his avatar... not him.

Someone lock this :lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.