Detail and DTC P1132 (check P2196)?

joshjwc9

Jun 12, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Okay, yesterday I had my car detailed, and it turned out better than I though it ever could have. But, on my way home, the CEL comes on and it starts to run rough. I have done some research on this and even gone as far a picking up some techron and refilling with 93 (in my 87 Diablo tune). I also bought some MAF cleaner.

I was just wondering if this code with says the O2 sensor isn't switching, is more O2 related than MAF related. Or the O2 just decided to take a dump at this particular point in time (121k miles, they were never replaced since I got the car at 69k, if not longer.) The car seems to be running rich because of the code..and it is pulled in the Diablo after about 1 mile of casual driving.

BTW, in my Diablo I pulled up the o2 readings and the passenger sides are flucuating between .01 and .99 and doing what they are supposed to do. The sensor Bank 1 upstream sensor is stuck at 1.66V and doesn't move unless I am cruising and let off of the gas.

I just got off work and have tomorrow off to diagnose and fix this issue. Right now I am going to go inspect the wires on the o2 sensor to see if one is fraying or melted etc.

Help me out SN!

• Sponsors (?)

Diagnostic map H45 for this DTC states to look at the air intake, PCV system, and/or vac leaks. Paying close attention to the air intake system for blockage.

IMO, if you suspect it has something to do with the detail, look at the possibility of a disconnected PCV line or breather line on the driver's side.

For what it is worth, there are many people out there that think O2 sensors are good for 100k miles. In that regard, you are overdue.

It never hurts to clean the MAF if done correctly. Recommend using the MAF cleaner. Remember, the MAF is easily damaged.

Okay, taking a beer break...just jacked up the car and o2 sensor looks dirty, but still intact with no burnt wires. I just pulled apart the MAF and sprayed it down with some CRC MA cleaner and letting it dry as we speak.

I will go out and check for any vac lines, but the IAC/PCV are both zip tied and hoseclamped at either end.