Diablo Tuner Question

Hmm thanks, going to have to try this...

Honestly i would save my money for a better tuner! I have owned the Diablo Predator and it really sucked, my car felt slower afterwords so i used it just to adjust my gears only. The predator had less features than the Sct tuner and most tuners that are really good use sct over diablo anyways. There was a few local diablo dealers but no one new if they were good or not, so i drove far to a good shop and got my sct. It has so many features of diablo. I posted on there forum so many times about getting help, or asking for a 87 octane tune or even a tune to support higher injectors. They didnt care and wouldn't help. I actually got SCT to send me a tuner to work with my injectors so i could drive to the shop safely. Even with a custom tune i was able to make adjustments and so on. The predator also can only hold 1 tune. Honestly i would have probably gone sniper but no one near me knew what that was when i was looking for a tune. There a new company and have been doing well, As time goes on and i sell my sct ill be buying one from them since you can do all the custom tuning from the pc. Do it right the first time. I'm actually going back for a new custom tune since i just rebuilt my engine.

Go SCT or Sniper. I would do sniper because they have lots of things you can adjust to the tuner over sct. Plus there willing to help you with a custom tune.

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly i would save my money for a better tuner! I have owned the Diablo Predator and it really sucked, my car felt slower afterwords so i used it just to adjust my gears only. The predator had less features than the Sct tuner and most tuners that are really good use sct over diablo anyways. There was a few local diablo dealers but no one new if they were good or not, so i drove far to a good shop and got my sct. It has so many features of diablo. I posted on there forum so many times about getting help, or asking for a 87 octane tune or even a tune to support higher injectors. They didnt care and wouldn't help. I actually got SCT to send me a tuner to work with my injectors so i could drive to the shop safely. Even with a custom tune i was able to make adjustments and so on. The predator also can only hold 1 tune. Honestly i would have probably gone sniper but no one near me knew what that was when i was looking for a tune. There a new company and have been doing well, As time goes on and i sell my sct ill be buying one from them since you can do all the custom tuning from the pc. Do it right the first time. I'm actually going back for a new custom tune since i just rebuilt my engine.

Go SCT or Sniper. I would do sniper because they have lots of things you can adjust to the tuner over sct. Plus there willing to help you with a custom tune.

To further add to this post , 90 percent of guys wont even need a custom tune with Sniper , I do it for my customers as an added bonus but anybody with a wideband and just a little knowledge of tuning can even tune a power adder car with a Special Forces kit right out of the box , anybody wanting a Sniper kit hit me up , Dirty Dirty Racing - Ford GM Dodge Tuning , or email me at [email protected]

To further add to this post , 90 percent of guys wont even need a custom tune with Sniper , I do it for my customers as an added bonus but anybody with a wideband and just a little knowledge of tuning can even tune a power adder car with a Special Forces kit right out of the box , anybody wanting a Sniper kit hit me up , Dirty Dirty Racing - Ford GM Dodge Tuning , or email me at [email protected]

Thanks for the good info. I just may have to buy one from you after I complete my suspension upgrades.

You got dyno sheets to prove this? Besides tuners are used for a lot of other purposes, O2, EGR, Gears etc.

yep..i sure do...I did 3 pulls. You probably dont live too far from me if you want to see them and post them up since i dont have a scanner.
its just that SCT will probably deliver more HP and do the gears, etc. etc. too.
I just felt ripped off with the diablo tune..i actually lost 1 HP with their tune, the extra 2 HP and 1 lb TQ was with spark advance all the way up.
i'm not the only one either..if you search around you'll see that other ppl have noticed a DROP in HP, or very minimal 2-3 HP gains with Mr. Diablo.. the day i bought mine i got flamed from everyone on this site for buying it..i ignored them..and i regretted it. The good thing though is diablos are dirt cheep. i got mine for 200 dollars.. much easier to find a diablo that price than it is an SCT

What sucks is with most versions of the diablo, you cant even use the factory tune to compensate gears.. or the factory HP tune. it gives you the option but when you finally go to download it it wont let you..you've got to use the 93 octane tune..and it sucks..

IMO you get a tuner for the simple things, turning on and off TC, etc. I have the Predator, but I got a custom tune done for it from a local tuner. Sure, the canned tunes may be very different between SCT and Diablo, but I didn't buy it for the canned tune anyway. My .02

First off thanks for all the info, right now I am going to trust that the guy I am having tune my car uses the predator for a reason. But with that being said I will not hesitate for a second to go the sct route or sniper if I am unhappy. Unfortunately I will not know until May when thw weather clears up:(

IMO you get a tuner for the simple things, turning on and off TC, etc. I have the Predator, but I got a custom tune done for it from a local tuner. Sure, the canned tunes may be very different between SCT and Diablo, but I didn't buy it for the canned tune anyway. My .02

Exactly, it really does not matter which one that you have. Just get whichever one your tuner uses.