Diablosport Predator ROCKS.

So my friend has a 99 automatic GT.

And when his parents found ashes in the tray, they took his keys!! (IDIOT)

But this worked out quite well for me, because since he can't drive his, he threw his stock tune back on and let me throw the diablo power tune in my 2000 GT 5 speed.

That car is now a completely a new animal. My traction control has never had it's hands more full!

I guess the point of this thread is to say that, if ANYONE is wondering, "man, is it really worth the money?", the answer is YES.

Feel free to vouch for it if anyone else here uses one.

• Sponsors (?)

I do.

I messed with the settings and gained 6.9 rwhp and 13 lbft of tourqe OVER whatever the "canned" tune allready gave me.

I paid $175 for it used and it also acts as my gear calibrator and MIL eliminator.

Hell yeah it was worth it.

And to be honest, 6.9 rwhp and 13 ft lbs tq are EXCELLENT gains for $175.

A TOP of the line FULL exhaust would struggle to give you much more than that. And it will run you well over a grand. And that won't give you all the options either.

The Diablosport can also tune you for fuel efficiency, and a new tune comes out every month if I'm not mistaken.

Plus, you can, as mentioned, recalibrate and all sorts of other stuff. EXCELENT product. A MUST have guys.

I was considering the predator or the sniper tuning ? what should I do thought I could tune my mustang for performance and tune my ford taurus for fuel mileage, you can tune two different cars with the sniper.

Always look at what you want your car to do... if you're going to be bolt on N/A car, a mail order tune is fine, in that case you order whatever product you want that you feel confident with the mail order tuners ability for.

If you're going to go a bit more wild with a power adder, it's best to see who your most reputable local tuner is. Most tuners will only tune on Diablo or SCT, some will do both, but even few I've seen tune with anything other than the "big 2".

I do.

I messed with the settings and gained 6.9 rwhp and 13 lbft of tourqe OVER whatever the "canned" tune allready gave me.

I paid $175 for it used and it also acts as my gear calibrator and MIL eliminator.

Hell yeah it was worth it.

So let me get this straight, i've always wondered.
You have your 'canned tune' that runs on premium octane, and has the spark advanced a little bit.

THEN- on TOP of that tune that already give you like 10 HP or so, you can mess with the spark advance some MORE yourself?

It REALLY is. There is one for sale near by for $250 but I told myself I wouldn't mod the car past what parts I had already collected until I turned 18... This was just a little way to cheat... haha.

Hahaha. I bought my GT right after I turned 18 and have done what I can when I can since then. I got most of the modding out of my system within a few months after I bought the car.

Its almost time for round two, lol.

And to be honest, 6.9 rwhp and 13 ft lbs tq are EXCELLENT gains for $175.

A TOP of the line FULL exhaust would struggle to give you much more than that. And it will run you well over a grand. And that won't give you all the options either.

The Diablosport can also tune you for fuel efficiency, and a new tune comes out every month if I'm not mistaken.

Plus, you can, as mentioned, recalibrate and all sorts of other stuff. EXCELENT product. A MUST have guys.

Yep. I was suprised that it responded like that. Not every car will have the same results. Some may be better, some may not be as good. Generally if you know what to tweak you can squeeze a little more out like I was able to.

Even with that I was still able to get 25mpg on the freeway with my 4.10's.

I was considering the predator or the sniper tuning ? what should I do thought I could tune my mustang for performance and tune my ford taurus for fuel mileage, you can tune two different cars with the sniper.

Both are good products, it just depends on what you want to do. Sniper tuning software is a little more involved on the user end from what I know. Which isnt a bad thing.

From what I have read/heard they have a great product.

So let me get this straight, i've always wondered.
You have your 'canned tune' that runs on premium octane, and has the spark advanced a little bit.

THEN- on TOP of that tune that already give you like 10 HP or so, you can mess with the spark advance some MORE yourself?

Pretty much so.

My Diablosport had been through two owners before I bought it. The origional owner bought it from RPM Outlet for a Mach-1. They put the canned Predator tune on it.

The next guy to buy it ran it on his '02 GT.

I bought it after him. I installed the "canned" tune, which I didn't notice a whole lot but it did help out a little on the top end.

I used it to tune for my gears, and turn my CEL off for my X pipe.

Then I put the car on the dyno. The A/F ratio was lean (they lean the fuel out and add timing in most cases on a canned tune). I added some fuel to bring it down and started adding some timing in after that.

I ended up making the 6.9rwhp and 13 lbft on top of what the canned tune allready gave me. I didn't dyno the car without the tune, so I couldn't tell you how much the canned tune itself gave me, but the butt dyno says nowhere over 7-10rwhp.

wait, i can control fuel/air with the tuner?
How will i know if i'm making the right choices with out a dyno

Yeah.

You can adjust the fuel trims a limited amount. You can add more fuel than you can take out, as a saftey precaution.

There is no safe way to judge the correct amount to take out or add without either a wideband o2 system or having the car on a dyno with a wideband hooked up to it.

Someone who is REAL aquainted with motors could get somewhat close by reading plugs, smell of the exhaust, and using the butt dyno method... but this isn't what I'd reccomend.

i think i'll just get one and advance the spark timing all the way up and see if it pings.

Thats the mistake alot of people make.

Do it in small increments. If it doesn't ping, and your at full advance... ok.

If it starts pinging, back it down a degree or two and make sure it stops.

You should also add a little fuel in when you bump the timing a bit. It will help fight against detonation.

I like mine alot also, I wish they would have had them out back when I first got my car in 02 and I would not have wasted $60 on Mil Eliminators. If you plan on alot of mods in the future make sure what brand your local tuner uses, SCT or Diablo. They are both good.

so i'll bump the fuel 1 degree for every 1 degree of spark advance?
Heck, too much fuel wont hurt me unless it's to the point it starts negativley affecting combustion

so i'll bump the fuel 1 degree for every 1 degree of spark advance?
Heck, too much fuel wont hurt me unless it's to the point it starts negativley affecting combustion

There is no set amount to adjust without knowing where your A/F ratio is at. You might not need to add any fuel at all, or your car may be rich enough that you can take some out.

Lean makes power, as long as you aren't too lean. Rich is safer but won't make as much power. On a bolt on, N/A car the difference is minimal and you are better off being in the middle of rich and lean. Don't run it on the ragged edge for the extra HP or two.

I would only recommend making fuel adjustments after you get the a/f checked with a wideband

Right.

Most places with a dyno will let you make a few runs for a reasonable price. Where I took mine, it wsa $50 for 3 runs and I could take as much time as I wanted to adjust my tune with the Predator.

I did a base run and saw where my A/F ratio was at, added some fuel and timing. By the last pull I was happy with where I was at.

K, so don't touch the fuel, just advance the spark one increment at a time?

If you aren't going to take the car to the dyno, and you decide to mess with it yourself...

Your first statement is good to be on the safe side. 1* advance timing = 1 increment richer fuel. Or even say 2* timing advance = 1 increment richer fuel.

There is no set amount to adjust without knowing where your A/F ratio is at. You might not need to add any fuel at all, or your car may be rich enough that you can take some out.

Lean makes power, as long as you aren't too lean. Rich is safer but won't make as much power. On a bolt on, N/A car the difference is minimal and you are better off being in the middle of rich and lean. Don't run it on the ragged edge for the extra HP or two.

Right.

Most places with a dyno will let you make a few runs for a reasonable price. Where I took mine, it wsa $50 for 3 runs and I could take as much time as I wanted to adjust my tune with the Predator.

I did a base run and saw where my A/F ratio was at, added some fuel and timing. By the last pull I was happy with where I was at.

If you aren't going to take the car to the dyno, and you decide to mess with it yourself...

Your first statement is good to be on the safe side. 1* advance timing = 1 increment richer fuel. Or even say 2* timing advance = 1 increment richer fuel.

I agree to everything in this post , how much did you pick up from your adjustments ?