Did Ford make a production vehicle with 3:27 gears?

• Sponsors (?)

Jawbone, did you mean did they sell a vehicle with those ratios in 8.8, or if they sold a vehicle with an 8.8 housing that will swap into a Mustang directly? I just wanted to make sure we're clear, since my answer above was assuming the latter, but if you're just looking for any 8.8 ring and pinion, you could add any Explorer, F150, E150, etc. to that list, also. You could also find 31 spline Trac Loc's in the Explorer/Mountaineer and F150.

'87/'88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupes.The Automatic had an 8.8 with 3.73's and the 5 speed had the 8.8 with 3.55's.I have both here at the house.They also came factory with disc breaks out back.

You're trying too hard to achieve something that doesn't net much gain. You can purchase a set of 3.55's from any number of sources that would work every bit as well as an all-around gear as a 3.27 but better.

Quick91LX, I've got the stock 2:72 rear end. With the 3:27 gears, it will give me just under a 20% increase but keep the gas mileage in check, the 3:55 gears will give me just over 30% increase but hit the gas mileage a lot harder. I'm looking for just a little increase in "snap".
Mike, thanks for the info on the Lincolns, there's a /95 Continental and an /88 Town Car that I could check out in the next week. I can get the entire diff for just under a $100.00.
Jawbone

See, I am not really sure that the 3.55's are going to hurt your mileage enough for it to matter. The 3.73's I had in an 89 GT really weren't bad either. Sure if you do a lot of highway driving they wont match 2.73's where I have heard of folks getting in the upper 20's depending on how they drive, but I think the 3.27's you will find disappointing after the first couple of weeks and wish you had gone for more. Don't fear the gear!

Mike, thanks for the info on the Lincolns, there's a /95 Continental and an /88 Town Car that I could check out in the next week. I can get the entire diff for just under a $100.00.
Jawbone

Pretty sure thatyear conti is FWD, and the town car prob won't have the gears. You'll have to read the axle tag.