Difference in 2003 Mustang Convertibles

• Sponsors (?)

Options packages. Generally the Deluxe was the base model and the Premium was pretty well loaded.

This was available from 2001-2004. What came in the standard features did change somewhat by year but for the most part the premiums got leather, abs/tc, Mach 460 and better wheels as a standard feature.

Deluxe cars got cloth, base radio, no abs but those things could be ordered as individual options. The only thing you couldn’t upgrade was wheels.

so for the GT deluxe, for 2001-2004 you got the painted 5-star 17” wheels, and the 01-04 GT premiums got the bullitt wheels. The 03/04 also had a bright wheel option that was not available for the deluxe I believe.

Unsure if the VIN will tell you. I have the window sticker of the ‘03 GT premium I bought new and can take a peek to see if it says Premium on it.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank You for your reply. I have the format meanings from Ford via VIN number and can not notice the difference. I believe I have a fully loaded, option wise, Deluxe. It has everything the Premium shows except different basis head lights. It does not have "Mustang" on the rear bumper or any striping.
Also, do you know if I can put 17" TIRES in place of the 16"??

Just for clarity? This is a V6?

Pulled out my 2003 brochure and forgot to mention with the V6 there is a “standard” level trim in addition to the deluxe and premium.

Hopefully this is clear enough to read.

IMG_9163.jpeg

Headlights should be the same. There is no difference from V6 to GT to cobra. Headlights can be changed out over the years. Also, rear bumper should say MUSTANG (unless a cobra) on all models. The lack of it may suggest aftermarket bumper.

You can’t just put 17” tires on the 16” wheels. You will need to source the proper wheels and then put 17” tires on those. GTs got 17x8 rims with 245/45/17 tires.

Also, looked at my window sticker and there is nothing to denote it’s a Premium. Just the specific Ford option package number, so doubtful a VIN search will reveal unless you go to a ford dealer perhaps.