Difference in price between EFI and 289?

stangDeprived

Dec 26, 2003
I'm looking around to purchase a 65-70 'stang, and I was thinking that EFI would be nice.
My question is this: If there were two nearly identical cars but one had a 5.0 EFI and the other had a newly rebuilt 289, what would be the difference in price for them?

• Sponsors (?)

and EFI conversion can be done for less than $500 if you shop around

I wish I could do mine for $500. I'm up to a $1000 right now and still have more parts to get. However I did buy a entire engine, it still needs litte parts here and there, it adds up fast.

How many miles does the 5.0 have? If it will last awhile you can always rebuild it down the road.

Ok people you guys need to talk to me I have everything you need to do your efi conversion including pump. :). LOL

I wouldn't really care about the drive train the body is the most important thing to me. :)

allcar fan $500? i dont think so used o2 sensors umm no there bout 50 each and a deacnt fuel pump is at least 100 unless u want speed denisity (ugh) a comp will be around 100 too so i dont see it after all the othercrap that needs to be done to have a dependable car when its all done :)

If you want to swap to a NEW EFI system, of course, it will cost much more than $500.

You can pick up a used fuel pump for $25 from a junkyard. An upper and lower intake can be had for $50. Injectors can be had for $25. COmplete wiring harness with computer can be had for $100. used O2 sensors can be found CHEAP on any 'parts car' A stock throttle body...$5. That is just over $200. that leaves $300 left for 'extras.' Heck, You can buy a complete Late model 5.0L engine for less than $500!!

Yall just have to learn where to find the deals! Its called networking! hehe
And NO, I will not tell you where or how...sorry :)

allcarfan said:
If you want to swap to a NEW EFI system, of course, it will cost much more than $500.

You can pick up a used fuel pump for $25 from a junkyard. An upper and lower intake can be had for $50. Injectors can be had for $25. COmplete wiring harness with computer can be had for $100. used O2 sensors can be found CHEAP on any 'parts car' A stock throttle body...$5. That is just over $200. that leaves $300 left for 'extras.' Heck, You can buy a complete Late model 5.0L engine for less than $500!!

Yall just have to learn where to find the deals! Its called networking! hehe
And NO, I will not tell you where or how...sorry :)
I have to agree with you. I can get a complete running 5.0 engine, computer and anything else i need off the car for 300 bucks. Then I also can get the same thing from another car, except for free. They are building a cobra kit and dont want the engine or t5 trans. So its who you know and if you want to shop around.

im not gonna argue bout being able to do it for 500 if u know the right people and places but to most people its not that simple ive done it myself with out any real problems just stating for true trouble free job 500 isnt gonna cut it and i was referint to new o2 sensors for 50 and saying im not fond of used ones iv been in the automotive industry and know how common these things can fail :)