Differences between 03/04 Cobras?

• Sponsors (?)

There are a few other differences too...

- The midpipe on the '04's is different. The '04's tend to produce a little more HP, but a little less TQ due to this.
- The '04's tend to not have some of the same problem as the '03's...(i.e. they tend to tick less and I haven't heard of any '04's with the vibe)
- Some '04's have issues with the gas pedal getting caught in the carpet when you go WOT. It's an easy fix (you just need to cut the carpet up behind the pedal so it doesn't get stuck).

And yes...no gas guzzler tax on the '04's, and they get slightly better mileage. This is also due to the change in the midpipe. I don't see why gas guzzler tax is an issue though since new '03's are gone...so if you want an '03, you'll only be able to find a used one, which means that someone already paid that gas guzzler tax for you.

Are the seats a little more plush in the insert portion? Not sure...

Also, little things like the mach 460 head unit is siruis radio ready. which is a pleasent suprise for me. I was thinking about doing something like that. A few friends of mine have XM radio and they really like it.

Other than that...I am curious too.

Are the mid-pipes the same for the GT and the Cobra's? That one I am not sure about and would like to know. coughprochambercough

Quick edit, on PartShopper, there is only one model # for 99/04 2V/4V. So I guess that answers my question??

http://www.partshopper.com/fordmustang/Items/MAC-PC9900.html

tom's_03SVT said:
the seats are different too...

in 2004 you could get dark gray inserts on the seats.
Gray inserts was available on '03's too!
SonicBlue2v03GT said:
Also, little things like the mach 460 head unit is siruis radio ready. which is a pleasent suprise for me.
I forgot about that one! The Mach 460 in the '03 has a rear interface for a CD changer while the '04 Mach 460 has a Satellite radio interface on the rear.
SonicBlue2v03GT said:
Are the mid-pipes the same for the GT and the Cobra's? That one I am not sure about and would like to know.
The stock mid pipes on 99-04 Cobra's & GT's may be a little different physically, but the aftermarket replacements for those years are all interchangeable as far as I know.

U.M.

Uncle Meat said:
The stock mid pipes on 99-04 Cobra's & GT's may be a little different physically, but the aftermarket replacements for those years are all interchangeable as far as I know.

U.M.

Thanks U.M. forgot about this thread. Yeah, I might end up slapping my ProChamber in off my GT. I needed to put the stock H back on, to sell it anyways.

Right now I am kind of digging the quietness until you hit the gas and surprise people :D

spree said:
There are a few other differences too...

- Some '04's have issues with the gas pedal getting caught in the carpet when you go WOT. It's an easy fix (you just need to cut the carpet up behind the pedal so it doesn't get stuck).

Dude I hate that! Freaking pisses me off! I'm a consultant so I have to wear dress shoes alot and well they have those dorking pointed tips and well ...they pry the carpet loose...lol so here I am franticaly mashing the carpet back down or ...at the stop light disapearing under the dash pushing it back...LOL

What in the hell were they thinking!

:flag: