Dimensions

IICrew

Mustang Master
Mar 29, 2020
USA
My car is at the body shop on a frame rack currently to see how bad it's bent and if thats contributing to vibration issues. They have no base measurements to input into the "laser machine". I have searched but probably not using correct terms. They have told me they cannot use the laser system because our cars are not in the database. Would anyone here know where I can get factory measurements/specs? She used the word trans or trams. Any factory measurements may help according to them.

• Sponsors (?)

My car is at the body shop on a frame rack currently to see how bad it's bent and if thats contributing to vibration issues. They have no base measurements to input into the "laser machine". I have searched but probably not using correct terms. They have told me they cannot use the laser system because our cars are not in the database. Would anyone here know where I can get factory measurements/specs? She used the word trans or trams. Any factory measurements may help according to them.
I just Googled "underbody dimensions 76 mustang " and came up with several foremats. :)

Reactions: 1 user
From Ford themselves:
20200729_130805.jpg
Flipped.png

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
You guys are awesome!!!

Too bad it was an excuse to blow me off. I just wish they were honest from the get go and say they didn't want to work on an older vehicle. Picked her up drove to another body shop and he grabbed the old tape measure and some string. Front end is off square by 1/8 inch doing it the old school way. No where near enough to cause alignment issues.

Now I have a friggin estimate for 10 to 15 K to paint her. He will "yank her" back into place as part of the restoration if they cannot get the door aligned by conventional means.

How the hell do I justify this to the better half. I'm thinking I have to tell her it's for the grand baby. He seems to get anything he wants.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
From the picture of your house I think she's doing pretty well. But the Grandson reasoning is probably the route to go. It needs to be "road worthy" and "safe"!

Pics can be deceiving my man. We robbed her retirement for a down payment and bought a water logged, mold infested, abandoned foreclosure during the housing crash. It was way out in the sticks. The roof was shot, windows broken, doors damaged, barn falling apart, every appliance and fixture missing, overgrown mess. Remember that Eddie Murphy movie. Yeah it was that. The friggin stair railings were missing too.

It was cheaper then the rent on a tiny 3 bedroom we were paying after we lost our first home to a Countrywide Mortgage scam. You see we refinanced with them to pay off medical debt after my first round of health issues. Don't worry. The Ohio AG sent us a $1,200 check for their malfeasance. So it's all good.

Within a year I had rehabbed a lot around here then my heart attacks started. My employer asked me to leave since he "could not have me die in his shop". I lost 3 friends to cancer recently and have decided that since I've lost everything except my family and these two cars. I am going to finish at least one of them so they don't get smashed when I am gone.

Obviously I mean the cars as I fully expect my family to get smashed at my funeral. It's my last request. Celebrate my life. No wearing black and a keg at the foot of my urn.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
...Been there done all that but it still sounds downright depressing when you read it lol..
Had cancer twice, lost 1 parent, 3 grandparents to cancer in a 5 year span, went through a divorce, fought and got custody of two infant kids, bought a business partner screwed me, went bankrupt, bought a foreclosure and stripped and rebuilt it as well. Living in it now..

.ahh..life. The learning experience nobody really wants to study for...

but yeah i'd go with the grandson....hehe

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users