Disable Horn Alerts

15GTrob

5 Year Member
Aug 23, 2015
I really dislike that my car yells at me when I close the door without leaving the key within the car. When I'm getting my son in his car seat and getting everything situated I must set off that alert 3-4 times. The horn isn't exactly quiet.... Does any one know how to disable this? My google foo is failing me this morning.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't even have one yet and i want to know as well. Honda have an electronic beeper that is much quieter. funny how they left this out when they remembered so much else. Do even the top level GT's do this?

Last edited:
A lot of vehicles do this now. I had a 2012 Corvette Grand Sport that did the same horn non sense. It wasn't as bad though because it only did it when you left your keys in the car or left your interior lights on. The Mustang just seems to honk at everything.

I'm thinking there's a wire on a molex somewhere, maybe just at the horn relay that could be pulled out to stop this. It would likely be a ground out to the horn relay from the car's entry computer. If it's wired that way. If it's on a data bus, forget it.

What I do is drop my drivers' window (so I don't get locked out) and toss the keys on the seat or cup holder. It doesn't beep when you do that.

Oh, and it is for all models. Mine is a prem. GT w/PP.

I think the honking is a safety feature that is probably embedded deep inside the cars programming. I read a headline last week that there is a lawsuit against several auto makers over the accidental deaths related to keyless cars. People forgetting to turn them off and dying of monoxide poisoning. That being said, I doubt Ford wants anyone to turn off this annoying feature. May want to find a way to live with it.

Wait u can get locked out with this? My Acura will unlock the door if u try to close it locked and itwill open the trunk if you put the fob in the trunk and close it. Better be careful.

My 2015 GT will open the truck, and quickly blow the horn, if I close the truck with the keys inside, my F150 will refuse to lock the doors and will blow the horn twice to let you know the keys are inside.

not that I've done that by accident or anything. :D