Disaster Struck My Beloved II on this Sad Day

Alan Looper

Aug 13, 2003
Hartford CT
I have a very difficult and painfull job ahead of me. I totaled the II that has been a part of my life since the beginning. It was all my fault. I looked away for one second, it was raining and a car was stopped ahead. I hit the breaks and nothing happened until I rear ended the other person. No one was hurt but it looked bad for my II. The entire front end was smashed in puncturing the radiator and buckling one whole fender. This car has been in my family since new. It took me 5 years to restore it to perfection and within one swift second...gone. :( I will fix it though, but it will take a lot of money and time. I just need some suggestions on how to go about re-restoring it.

Info on my car at www.mustangii.org/gallery/alanlooper

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry to hear about that.

sounds like you really have a connection to this car and im glad your going to re-restore it, its a labor of love.

after my accident or after my car breaks like today, all i hear is why don't you get a new car, but i can't,

good luck

Alan Looper said:
I have a very difficult and painfull job ahead of me. I totaled the II that has been a part of my life since the beginning. It was all my fault. I looked away for one second, it was raining and a car was stopped ahead. I hit the breaks and nothing happened until I rear ended the other person. No one was hurt but it looked bad for my II. The entire front end was smashed in puncturing the radiator and buckling one whole fender. This car has been in my family since new. It took me 5 years to restore it to perfection and within one swift second...gone. :( I will fix it though, but it will take a lot of money and time. I just need some suggestions on how to go about re-restoring it.

Info on my car at www.mustangii.org/gallery/alanlooper

I couldn't get in to see the pics, but no matter, i'm very glad to hear you will be fixing her up. Don't worry about the task. We will be here when you need us to help out. :)

Hey II bad about your II... I just joined these forums and recognized your name... you bought a rear bumper off me through ebay, Anyways I reccomend checking to see if the frame got tweaked, if it did then I would look into haveing that fixed first off before anything. After that just begin collecting all the parts for the front end, what ever you cant save. Hope this helps.

Chris

Can you get me the article? I need a parts car most likely to rebuild mine. I want so badly to repair it. It can be done but I need a good rust free parts car. I f anyone has one i'll take it. Just send me a price

Parts Car for my Baby

Yo, the parts car in Middle town is a cobra II and is in exellent condition, and It has a red interior!!!! I need the dash board because mine split in the accident. :( 500 obo! :D I want to get the dash board from that car and rebuild both cars at the same time.

few days late on this post, but better late than never...

Sorry to hear about the II man. My II is the same deal, my grandfather has been the original owner, and he passed it on to me as my first car. I've been fixing it with my dad since then. thats about 5 yrs now. my grandfather is still around, but he just hit 90 last week... the car will always bring back memories of him.

people just dont understand when you tell them your gona fix it. they just see it as an old car, thats not worth much. and in your case, is totalled... but we all know why we spend the money on em! They are a work of love, for the pride of ownership, for the sake of being different, you name it. hell i probably could have bought a new '03 by now, but it would have never been the same!

we'll help ya out in any way we can! and GL with the job man!
-Steed

Update!!

So far, i checked out the parts car and it is no good, the fenders aren't good and the cowl panel is bent up! So there is no way I can use that car. I also located two parts cars that might be suitable for the restoration. they have no engines in them so i can get them for cheap and part out the rest. Hopefully I can get my digital to work so I can get pics of my car asap! :shrug:

That's Awesome

Wow you wrecked your car, that's awesome. I have a piece of crap car myself that I'd like to drive into a tree, but I don't want to get hurt and all that. Yea you should fix your car up so that you can drive it into a tree again...great idea.

Ben Lee said:
Wow you wrecked your car, that's awesome. I have a piece of crap car myself that I'd like to drive into a tree, but I don't want to get hurt and all that. Yea you should fix your car up so that you can drive it into a tree again...great idea.

why dont you do us all a favor and go ahead and drive yourself into that tree :nice: Hopefully you drive a rice ass civic though