disc brakes for 65 F-100

66SilverStar

Jul 23, 2003
Alabama
i know this isn't related to mustangs but is there a website for those trucks with forums and such. I want to put disc brakes on it and i was wondering if there was a donor car or truck where i could swap the disc off of it to get rid of the drums thanks

Jimmie

• Sponsors (?)

66SilverStar said:
i know this isn't related to mustangs but is there a website for those trucks with forums and such. I want to put disc brakes on it and i was wondering if there was a donor car or truck where i could swap the disc off of it to get rid of the drums thanks

Jimmie

Hey Jimmie, you can use a 73-76 F100-F150 for parts. A friend of mine did this to his 65 and it bolts right in. Just use the whole brake system off the donor truck. You dont have to use the rears if you dont want to. Also here is a web site for trucks.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php

ok thanks man for the info.

65stright sick: My address is prattville but i live up hwy 82 about 10 miles out of prattville. I work at autozone in millbrook, i'll be driving my car to work in the next month or so, stop by if you get a chance.

Jimmie

I stumbled on to this site one day when I was trying to find out info on my Ford Truck. It is much like this Mustang site in that they cover a lot of ground. New, old and anything in between. Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Bonestock2k said:
I stumbled on to this site one day when I was trying to find out info on my Ford Truck. It is much like this Mustang site in that they cover a lot of ground. New, old and anything in between. Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Thats the web site I posted in my reply. Its a great site for truck stuff. Also if I remember right you need to use the I-beams off the donor truck for the disc brakes.