Disk Conversion

Stang4Geezer

Jun 23, 2016
Hi folks, I'm hoping someone will give me some advice on my problem. I'm resurrecting a 68 coupe and have converted the front drum brakes to disk. The rears I have kept as drums. My question is this: should I use the proportioning valve that came with the disk conversion kit or should I use the factory distribution block? I have been given advice by different people to use both, that is, one says to use the proportioning valve and the other says to use the distribution block because the prop valve is a pain to adjust just right. Does anyone have any experience with this dilemma?

• Sponsors (?)

I have another dilemma to go along with the prop valve vs distribution block one I previously mentioned. I am getting rid of the Ford power steering. Changing to manual. My question is this: after getting rid of the PS slave etc., can I just replace the PS drag link with one for manual steering? Will all the other steering parts work or do all the other parts have to be manual steering specific? Questions, questions, questions? I shoulda started this project when I was younger and smarter.