Do i need a tune with a 75 wet shot?

famousfamily32

Nov 15, 2008
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but was looking for some insight. I have a 99 gt 5 speed mustang with a densecharger cold air kit, centerforce clutch, drag launch suspension, mac prochamber with no cats, and flowmaster cat back. The car ran a 13.5 last summer. But now I'm looking at running a 75 wet shot of nitrous on my car but I was wondering if I would need a dyno tune if I were to do this. Appreciate any insight.

Thanks a lot, Al

• Sponsors (?)

I dont *think* its required, but it is recommended. A wet kit is supposed to add the correct amount of fuel for the nitrous being injected, but it certainly wouldnt hurt to make sure its being done correctly. A dyno tune is far cheaper than an engine.

I dont *think* its required, but it is recommended. A wet kit is supposed to add the correct amount of fuel for the nitrous being injected, but it certainly wouldnt hurt to make sure its being done correctly. A dyno tune is far cheaper than an engine.

^Good advice. If you are running the stock tune, you should be fine. A bigger shot or an aftermarket chip or tune probably would require tuning for the nitrous.

you shouldnt need a tune up to a 100 shot as long as its the stock tune on there. but its always a good idea to pull a few degrees of timing just to be safe if you run a bigger shot.

good luck man nitrous is always fun i have run a 200 shot on the stock internals but i dont suggest doing that hahaha.

Like everyone said you should be fine but wouldnt hurt to get a tune. If you have a dyno facitlity close to you, just spend the $75-100 and get 3 runs with the a/f read out and you can go from there. You might see its running lean or running ok. Think about it this way....how much is your motor worth to you? :shrug::flag:

Have you considered a programmer of any sort? You could get a nitrous tune for the track (because you know you don't need to use it on the street) and have regular tunes for n/a.