Do I need new shocks and struts?

gsmith

Jan 22, 2003
Katy, TX
I just lowered my 02 GT vert with a set of Ford Racing C springs. The C&C was out enough that I put on a sett of CC plates. The car aligned up well then. Just not satisfied with the ride now, a lot of bumping noises when I hit a pothole etc.

Ideas??

• Sponsors (?)

How many miles are on car?
Did it start after the install?
You do know most lowered vehicles ride rougher correct?

But it'd prolly be a safe bet to say they could use to be replaced. Also remember if you do that you want shorter struts and shocks. Pretty common thing is for people to order Foxbody shocks and struts.

Oh and you did cut down or remove the snubber on the rearend correct?

BooWFO said:
How many miles are on car?
Did it start after the install?
You do know most lowered vehicles ride rougher correct?

But it'd prolly be a safe bet to say they could use to be replaced. Also remember if you do that you want shorter struts and shocks. Pretty common thing is for people to order Foxbody shocks and struts.

Oh and you did cut down or remove the snubber on the rearend correct?

About 36,000 miles ,yeah right after the install. The rougher ride is no problem, the noise I could do without though. I am leaning toward the Bullitt struts and shocks as a replacement.

You got me on the snubber though:shrug:

gsmith said:
About 36,000 miles ,yeah right after the install. The rougher ride is no problem, the noise I could do without though. I am leaning toward the Bullitt struts and shocks as a replacement.

You got me on the snubber though:shrug:

Its gonna ride rougher with springs no matter what

I doubt your shocks/struts took a dump already

the98stang said:
Its gonna ride rougher with springs no matter what

I doubt your shocks/struts took a dump already
Oh yes, they would 90% likely be shot at 36k with stock springs. Since he has mis-matched his springs and dampers now the probablility that they are shot increases to 99.9%