Do I need serious mechanic help ???

I have a 96 cobra that has been a "freak" ever since I bought her. I started doing mods like exhaust, headers, upgraded fuel pump, adjustable fuel press reg., mass air flow w/ new 30lb. injectors and a custom super cold air induction. I also put the full pulley set on. So hears the problem. At some point in the uprade process (over a few years) I installed something that made the car run funny. I took it to have it dyno tuned thinking that was the problem, but the morons at the performace shop that I had it dyno turned at said they tuned it to the best of their ability, but for some reason the car would go from running rich to running lean and then back to rich during the tuning process. The car seems to hesitate from time to time while driving almost like if you were to lightly tap the brakes and let off. It is more noticable on deceleration. Needless to say I just delt with it and left the car that way for the last 4-5 years (It is a toy car and only gets driven about 500 miles a year). A friend of mine got a new saleen 420 so I figured I would give him a run for his money last weekend. We were really gettin on it and carving up the pavement doing some twisty turny high RPM Gran Trismo type stuff. When I had my foot in it coming out of a corner the car bogged really hard and then died. I stopped and restarted her with no problem, but when I went to let out on the clutch it would accelerate like normal until i completely let out on the clutch and then would bog down and die again. This happened over and over so I figured it was my customer air intake that had somehow come loose and was letting to much air in. I checked it all and it all checked out fine. The car had about 1/4 of a tank of gas at the time so I thought it might be bad gas. I fueled up put some injector cleaner and it seemed to help, but things are still not right and halfway home it started bogging and died again. Any ideas on what is going on or what tests to run to see if I can diagnose the problem?

• Sponsors (?)