Do I need staggered rear shocks on my '73?

Dec 9, 2004
I have the pieces to change over to staggered rear shocks on my car. Before I have the interior disassembled again and have the floor plasma-torched I need to know what the real world benefits to this are?
The car is going to be street driven only and never raced. I know the staggered shocks mitigate wheel hopping on hard launches but are there any practical benefits to ride and handling besides that? I have replaced the rear suspension and added a sway bar. I also have Edelbrock IAS shocks on all 4 corners.
I've been quoted $600 to cut and weld in the upper shock mount and I'm wondering if that is money well spent or not considering how I am going to use the car. If you need any additional info let me know.

• Sponsors (?)

honestly, it's probably not really worth it unless you are aiming for the absolute best performance and still maintain a factory look, for shows or whatever.

My car is a mutt already so being factory original is not a concern, but better handling is. I eventually plan on upgrading the rear suspension to the Fatman product and I am also wondering if the locating points for the shocks would make a difference in that as well. Lots of questions.