Do I need staggered rear shocks on my '73?

Dec 9, 2004
I have the pieces to change over to staggered rear shocks on my car. Before I have the interior disassembled again and have the floor plasma-torched I need to know what the real world benefits to this are?
The car is going to be street driven only and never raced. I know the staggered shocks mitigate wheel hopping on hard launches but are there any practical benefits to ride and handling besides that? I have replaced the rear suspension and added a sway bar. I also have Edelbrock IAS shocks on all 4 corners.
I've been quoted $600 to cut and weld in the upper shock mount and I'm wondering if that is money well spent or not considering how I am going to use the car. If you need any additional info let me know.

honestly, it's probably not really worth it unless you are aiming for the absolute best performance and still maintain a factory look, for shows or whatever.

My car is a mutt already so being factory original is not a concern, but better handling is. I eventually plan on upgrading the rear suspension to the Fatman product and I am also wondering if the locating points for the shocks would make a difference in that as well. Lots of questions.