Do you powershift or granny shift?

Powershift or granny shift?

• Powershift!!

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • I'm a sally, I lift.

Votes: 51 66.2%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

Sometimes I powershift sometimes I don't. I don't control myself when I drive, I just subconsciously shift. I just remember what I did but thats about it. When I get to messing around I just go into a "zone."

Probably havent lifted and shifted on a track pass in 3-4 years. On top of that I have the fastest track pass in every car I have ever run (minus one damned car) and have been complimented more times than I can remember about it. Powershifting is the ONLY way to race.

I was actually smiling ear to ear when a few bigger named racers came up to me after I got beat, telling me they never saw a stock trannied car shifted so hard. I was running an NMRA Factory Stock car in my dads 91 which had a stock T5 at the time, treed him, and only got beat by slightly less than a tenth. Those remarks were definately worth the loss :D!

So yes powershift whatever you running, just dont look my way when the tranny goes, hehe!

68torinogt said:
sounds dangerous

Not really, I mean I'm aware of everything I'm doing, but I don't think about it, I just do it. Like I glance at the tach, recognize I need to shift, and slam the next gear w/o even thinking about it. The only time I really think is when the car starts getting a little skiddish, like playing around getting sideways n stuff. It still may be dangerous though lol, but the rewards at the track have been good so far, I just focus on launch rpm and the tree. After that, it's all a blur other than looking at stuff.

Okay, it appears that a lot of people just don't know what powershifting is. Basically it's just shifting without letting off the throttle, you still use the clutch.It keeps the rpms up between shifts, keeps up more momentum, and you can shift faster. When done right with a lot of practice, the car will basically sound like an automatic from the outside when going through the gears. Yes, anyone will admit that it's bad on your tranny, but once you've done it, there's no turning back, it's an addiction. Oh, and my definition of "granny shifting" is anything other than powershifting.