Dodge SRT-4's

Every forum i go to and even in my nitrous.rush forum we used to have. We had argued about this. Would someone buy a srt-4 or put a payment down on a sti or evo. It was something like that and everyone said they would not buy a srt-4 because of all the call backs they get. I see them around her i saw a blue one the other day something was hanging from the engine. Me and my friends started laughin i love the cars but from what i know... they have problems.

• Sponsors (?)

nitrousrush said:
Every forum i go to and even in my nitrous.rush forum we used to have. We had argued about this. Would someone buy a srt-4 or put a payment down on a sti or evo. It was something like that and everyone said they would not buy a srt-4 because of all the call backs they get. I see them around her i saw a blue one the other day something was hanging from the engine. Me and my friends started laughin i love the cars but from what i know... they have problems.

You are going to the wrong forums then. Why don't you come to our forum and you will learn a lot about the car and you will also see that there isn't that many problems with the car at all. The 2003's had a batch of bad clutch assemblies and a few trannies had faulty 3rd gear synchro's and that's about it as far as factory problems. Sure, there have been a few blown engines (holes in pistons) but that is a result of very poor tuning and/or zero knowledge when it comes to tuning a car.

Almost all the "stories" that fly around the net are false. A lot people try and bring the car down because it is a "neon" and try to attach the past problems with the 95-96 neons to the SRT-4. SRT-4 is completely different as far as the engine/tranny/suspention goes. Just like Ford has SVT, DCX has PVO which are the same goup of elite engineers that brought us the Viper. The SRT-4 is a specialty vehicle that PVO engineered and they put their hands on the important things (engine/tranny/suspension). Sure the rest of the car is a 2nd gen neon, but that's what needed to be done to keep it under 20K when the car came out. :nice:

Thats all im sayin is that i hear some of them have problems not every single one has a problem if you gave me the money like i said... i would buy one in a second. Im not downing the car i love the car its one of the best out their right now.

And yes the steelers did suck this year hopefully next year things will be ok lol

notched86 said:
What is everyone's opinion on them in here? Regardless of what everyone in 4.6 Talk says, I think it's a kick ass little car. My dad and I are going to actually test drive one tomorrow just to see what they are all about. It really looks like a fun little car, and of course, it's a turbo 4. :flag:

I'm not sure on them, everyone has there opinions on them having problems or not having problems. All I got to say is I'm happy that its not another forgin ricer, and in fact a American car! :flag:

***Disclaimer ***
Granted most of what we call American cars are in fact made or most of the parts are made out side the U.S.A.

Actually the SRT-4 says on the window sticker what percentage of parts are from the US and Canada, and I believe it was 83%. Drizzee, where in Delaware are you located? My dad has a beach house in Lewes, Delaware and he has a business down there too. He's actually driving the GT up to Delaware this weekend to compare what the dealers up there will give us for a trade in versus the one here in Virginia. As long as he can get $6,000 for it, he'll be happy. But he said there is a black SRT at the dealer in Denton, and a red one at Georgetown. :nice:

notched86 said:
Actually the SRT-4 says on the window sticker what percentage of parts are from the US and Canada, and I believe it was 83%. Drizzee, where in Delaware are you located? My dad has a beach house in Lewes, Delaware and he has a business down there too. He's actually driving the GT up to Delaware this weekend to compare what the dealers up there will give us for a trade in versus the one here in Virginia. As long as he can get $6,000 for it, he'll be happy. But he said there is a black SRT at the dealer in Denton, and a red one at Georgetown. :nice:

I live in Bear. It is about 45 min north of Lewes. What's the namw of your dad's place? I know that Brandywine Smyrna has an E Blue one. Up here in Wilmington, we have 2 Reds.