Does anyone do custom burnt chips anymore?

silverstangman

Mar 26, 2003
Eastern NC
A friend of mine is looking to get a custom burnt chip to fix his tranny shift problems after he put in 3.90s in 95 aode gt. it hesitates between gears under full throttle, i think its bouncing off the rev limiter. so i figured he could get a chip to correct the problem, well come to find out, just about no one makes custom burnt chips anymore. diablosport and superchips only make the handheld tuners, with superchips they only do an off the shelf chip with a basic program, no custom ones. also called fast, and they only do chips for gm's. only person around here that does custom chips is a wayne's dyno in jacksonville, with a dyno run and custom chip is 500 bucks, a little more than he wants to spend. anyone know where he can get a custom chip? hes getting really annoyed with it and so am I, thanks for the help guys.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a JMS chip. Pretty sure their still in business. Just saw an ad for them last month. Unless they have the car to dyno when they make the custom tune, DON'T GET IT! What a complete waste of money. I have about $450 in my chip and my car still doesn't run right. I'm going with a tweecer next until I can afford a FAST system.

silverstangman said:
A friend of mine is looking to get a custom burnt chip to fix his tranny shift problems after he put in 3.90s in 95 aode gt. it hesitates between gears under full throttle, i think its bouncing off the rev limiter. so i figured he could get a chip to correct the problem, well come to find out, just about no one makes custom burnt chips anymore. diablosport and superchips only make the handheld tuners, with superchips they only do an off the shelf chip with a basic program, no custom ones. also called fast, and they only do chips for gm's. only person around here that does custom chips is a wayne's dyno in jacksonville, with a dyno run and custom chip is 500 bucks, a little more than he wants to spend. anyone know where he can get a custom chip? hes getting really annoyed with it and so am I, thanks for the help guys.

A few thoughts about your post.

1) Many times we have seen the aode peeps talk about low rev max rpm levels. I myself don't get involved in auto trans issues but someone on this site has confirmed the low rev limit.

2)Auto shift levels or points or whatever they are called.

Items 1 & 2 have tons of threads where peeps tell how they used a EEC Tuner or Tweecer to make those issues go away.

Cobra4075

I have a JMS chip. Pretty sure their still in business. Just saw an ad for them last month. Unless they have the car to dyno when they make the custom tune, DON'T GET IT! What a complete waste of money. I have about $450 in my chip and my car still doesn't run right. I'm going with a tweecer next until I can afford a FAST system.

Based on what you say about the money spent for a one time chance to tune.

Even if someone doesn't feel that comfortable with self tuning, I just had the thought they could find several of those threads I talked about and just do the monkey see monkey do thing for close to the same money and still have all of the other tuning options available to them for future tuning changes.

Is the $450 you speak of for a chip about the average price one would pay for this method of tuning?

Grady