Does anyone have Magnum 500 rims on their stang?

I've got this vision in my head about what my white '95 GT vert would look like with 15" Magnum 500 rims and white letter tires. I'm an older guy, and had several cars over the years ('65 Fairlane 500 vert, '65 Dodge Coronet 500, '68 Dodge Charger R/T, '73 Dodge Charger S/E) with this combination, and I liked it. Plus it seems like every car I see on Barrett Jackson has them.
Has anyone ever seen them on a '94-'98 stang?
I'm not even sure if they would fit without spacers or massaging the calipers. I know they make a 17" version, but it's not really what I'm looking for.
Any pictures or ideas?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have Magnum 500 rims, but I have the 17" 03/04 Mach 1 Rims on, with the insets painted black. They're not exactly Magnum 500's, but close.

mach_1_rims_9.jpg

And a close-up of one rim:

mach_1_rims_11.jpg

The spinners are a 3rd-party add-on that I really like. They don't actually spin as I drive, but I can move them by hand to get to the lug nuts.

Upon further reading, a 15" x 7" Magnum 500 rim has 4.25" backspacing and is an inch narrower, which if I am figuring right would make it stick out .5" further than a 17" x 8", which seems manageable. I am tempted to order one 15" x 7" to make sure it would fit, and return it if it didn't. I would probably go with 245/60 15" tires all the way around.

I'm thinking Magnums on an SN95 are going to look horrible. You tried photo shopping this experiment yet?

On a Fox, with the right tires, maybe. On a 4 eye, even more chance of success. I just can't mix the old muscle car rim with the relatively sleek styling of a 95 in my head.

I don't know whether they would look good or not, that's why I was asking if anyone had done it already.(so I wouldn't have to spend MY money to find out!:D)
As far as being an old-style rim, you do see bullitts (which I have on my car now) on almost all years of mustangs and they have been around for much longer than Magnum 500's.

Upon further reading, a 15" x 7" Magnum 500 rim has 4.25" backspacing and is an inch narrower, which if I am figuring right would make it stick out .5" further than a 17" x 8", which seems manageable. I am tempted to order one 15" x 7" to make sure it would fit, and return it if it didn't. I would probably go with 245/60 15" tires all the way around.

Another thing to consider is the offset of the wheel. Offset is the distance of the mounting surface of the wheel from the center line of the wheel. I'll use typical Mustang wheel sizes to illustrate this. Most aftermarket 18x10" rear wheels for Mustangs range from +22-28mm offset. This means that the mounting surface of the wheel is 22-28mm toward the OUTSIDE of the wheel. Most late model cars require wheels with positive offsets. This has the effect of tucking most of the wheel into the fender. A wheel with the mounting surface lined up with the wheel center line would have 0 offset. Early model cars and muscle cars usually have negative offsets (the mounting surface is inside of the wheel center line closer to the car itself).

I used this information when I selected the wheels for my '95. I went with Foose Design wheels rather than the usual Mustang wheels (FR500, Cobra R, Bullitt, etc.), so I had to be mindful of the offset and back spacing that I selected. I simply went to americanmuscle.com (they list wheel offsets on their site) and used the offset for an 18x10" Saleen replica as the reference for what I would need. Based on that I selected the best offset available from the Foose wheels (I needed a 25mm spacer in order to keep them from being mounted too far in) and it ended up being perfect. They sit flush with the fender and look great. I would post a pic, but the car's in the body shop right now. Should be done on Wednesday. :D