Does Anyone Know Why A 79-82 Wiper Cowl Cover Wont Fit On A 93?

killer5.0

5 Year Member
Oct 8, 2009
i want to modify the cowl and i believe the 79-82 mounts with clips while the 83-93 uses screws (like my current cowl)...for what i want to do the clip method would be cleaner but i dont have access to any other foxbodies to see why it wouldn't work....as far as i can tell the shape and width etc is the same...anyone know?

• Sponsors (?)

This suggests that they both use screws but different mount locations:

upload_2017-10-2_21-46-38.png

I might be wrong, but aren’t the little screws for attaching a moulding on the back part of the cover that’s closest to the windshield?

I think it’s a seperate piece where the ‘83-‘93 panels have them moulded into the piece.

If you got time, I’ll look at one at the salvage yard next time I’m there and tell you for sure.

I might be wrong, but aren’t the little screws for attaching a moulding on the back part of the cover that’s closest to the windshield?

I think it’s a seperate piece where the ‘83-‘93 panels have them moulded into the piece.

If you got time, I’ll look at one at the salvage yard next time I’m there and tell you for sure.

They are really short screws so that makes sense. Also, you can see the two clip-holders in that pic.

I think i know of an old junked 82 im gonna see if still there to compare....i was told the 82 clips into place or something and has no visible screws when installed which is what im looking to do...must have different windshield trim too? If this car is still there ill post what i find out...

Ok so the 82 mounted with visible screws....when i spoke with the guy who built the SINIS 79 pace he said there are a few yrs that offered a clip in style but he didnt rememeber which and his was one of them...i guess i have to do more searching or find a different mounting method for my oem one...

Ok so finally found a comparison for anybody else who was wondering...the clip in cowl has 3 mounting screws that mount inside the engine bay (top of firewall) and has a seperate windshield trim piece as well. Found a side by side comparison of the 2 (the newer style like mine and the older style) and it appears it is also smaller in length and would require additional bodywork to use so i will be modifying my original piece.
CowlGrillsTop.jpg