Does anyone think replacing my evaporatoer will help with cooling?

bjl95mustang

Founding Member
Jan 18, 2000
Austin,TX
I'm trying to figure out what is going on with my cooling system. It's fine without the a/c running but once I turn the a/c on it starts to creep up on me. If I go on a 45+ min drive around town stop and go traffic while I'm sitting the temp on my car will start to rise. It gets to the point to were it starts going past 210* and I have my high speed fan to come on at 195* so I'm sitting there with my high speed fan on all the time and it seems like it's draining my bat after a while. I have a fluidyne rad and a new cap, high speed to come on at 195*, new water pump. Could the 10 year old evaporator coil just be old and restricted or is their something else I should look for?

• Sponsors (?)

thats a condensor and i thought that was for the a/c system?? could be wrong i guess

i say run an 85/15 water/coolant ratio, 180* t-stat...i just dont see a condensor making your car run hot. i think it just wouldnt put out as cold of air when you put the a/c on

When the refrigerant vapor is condensed it releases heat. Air conditioners do not create cool air, they simply remove heat from the air in your car.

That heat is being removed right next to your radiator,and guess where that goes...

That is why air conditioners can aid in overheating you car. :)

Sleepy McNastee said:
When the refrigerant vapor is condensed it releases heat. Air conditioners do not create cool air, they simply remove heat from the air in your car.

That heat is being removed right next to your radiator,and guess where that goes...

That is why air conditioners can aid in overheating you car. :)

god...learn something new every day. thats kinda why i was sketchy saying what i did. well seeing my a/c is gone, should i get rid of my condenser too or would that kinda be pointless??

HazMat404 said:
god...learn something new every day. thats kinda why i was sketchy saying what i did. well seeing my a/c is gone, should i get rid of my condenser too or would that kinda be pointless??

You might as well cause it would be a restiction to airflow.

It would be like taking a cloth off your face, if you know what I mean. It would more than likely help. :nice: