Does lowering the car..within my case, "c" springs make traction better or worse?

• Sponsors (?)

I would have to say yes, but there are exceptions. If u get other compents that help with weight transfer, it wont be as bad. But if i remeber right, the C springs are about 2" right?

Thats why a lot of guys get coil overs, u can lower the car, and still have the adjustability to be able to launch.

When u lower a 94-95, they say to get fox drag struts cause they are shorter and will aide in weight transfer better.

From my research, lowering springs in the rear can help. They bring the instant center back towards the rear of the car and when the weight transfers to the rear, the stiffer spring is more force to push the rear tires down. You don't want the rear to squat. Front lowering springs don't help.

My goal is to get a lowered car to hook. Im in the process of finishing off my rear suspension with my UPR double adjustable uppers with sperical bearings on both ends. Then set the pinion angle.

Cool. Thanks for the responses guys. :SNSign:

"I would have to say yes, but there are exceptions. If u get other compents that help with weight transfer, it wont be as bad. But if i remeber right, the C springs are about 2" right?" - nmcgrawj

Actually, the C springs are supposed to be a very moderate drop or 1.25." And yes, I can see what yo uare saying about the better weight transfer. That does make a lot of sense. Now I just need to get those lower control arms. But I have to wait to spend more $$.

BTW, my front sway bar is 1.125" so I didn't see all that much benefit in a 1.375 and just bought the poly sway bushings themselves along wit hthe steering rack and end link poly's. That should tighten 'er up a little better too.

edit - nate tha tcar looks awesome with those rims man. I think it looks better without the wing on it too! Nice job.