Does this dyno tell you anything?

Detector

Dec 12, 2004
I know very little about my 2012 GT500 because the dealer I got it from didn't know anything. Can you tell much from the dyno as far as possible upgrades? I know it does have a Whipple 2.9L SC with a 3" upper. 629 HP 646 TQ

Thanks
Dyno2.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

What I understand the MODS are: Whipple 2.9L with 3" upper, Intake, Ford Performance throttle body, Diablo tuner and tune, Full Magnaflow exhaust system, 315/35R20 NT05's on the rear.

I don't have a lot of faith in the dyno as it is fairly new to this garage. They kept telling me they dyno in 3rd. On here they di it once in 3rd & once in 4th.

Attachments

• GT500-5.jpg
    GT500-5.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 213
Personally I would find a shop well versed in these cars to see what you have and verify the tune. Most of the tuners are using SCT for tuning. I'm not saying you don't have a safe car, but it would be important for you to have someone versed in these cars to know what you have and that is is safe.

Looks to be that Whipple and FR throttle body. Weird they used 3rd gear????

My understanding is MOD wise the Whipple 2.9l, FR TB and Intake, Diablo tune, but I was never given the tuner from the dealer, Full Magnaflow exhaust CAT delete and the NT05R 315/35 19 rear tires.

You can see the difference between the 3rd gear run and 4th. I told them 4th no idea why they wanted to do a 3rd gear pull. They wouldn't have even done a 4th if I hadn't asked.