Does this happen to anyone else?

Fast05

Sep 16, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
Alright, now when I first got the car I kind of expected it, as I got my GT about 2 months after they were available to the public. But it seems that almost on a daily basis someone wants to race me! And I'm not talking about camaros, trans ams or rice burners, more like an old camry the other day, last week it was a mom in a suburban (I was in fact racing a turbo eclipse at the time tho and smoked him :D ) and a taurus today. And if they don't rev on me at the stop light, they'll be in my rear view mirror, then they'll floor it and take a good 10 seconds to pass me up and get about 5 car lengths ahead, and then slow down, as if they're trying to prove something. I just grin at them, I'd rather not get a ticket showing off to a camry :rlaugh: Anyways, just thought I'd ask :)
:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Every day. Multiple times. From everyone. It's pretty funny actually. I can't help but laugh at them. Its even worse that my car has a supercharger and no one knows.

Just as "Pliskin" said, it happens to me almost every day! I've raced Roush's, Dodge Ram SRT's, Chargers, Eclipses, Ricers, you name it.... And I'm never the initiator! :) I like to cruise and enjoy my 'Stang, but people always want to Test me. And how could I disappoint! :)
They get a Huge Ego-Boost when I LET them Pass; then they are immediately embarrased when I fly by! :D

P.S. I lost one time to a "5.0"; the guy had a Supercharger, and I didn't know it until I heard the whine of his "blower"! I took that loss with Pride because at least I loss to a 'Stang. :)

DarkFireGT said:
Most people just wanna see what the new 'stang can do.
Agreed whole-heartidly...
Many people are just curious and want to see and hear the stang storm off into the distance. At least I would think so...If I saw a Lamborghini driving 65 on the interstate...open traffic...I would probably want to drive next to it and try to get it to scurry off away from me or try my stang against the infamous lamborghini (not saying the stang will hang with the lambo, but hopefully you get my point).
I too, on a daily basis and as well most of us I would bet, have people want to race me...in all types of cars. My stang is supercharged as well...and they don't know it. I like to hear them get on it...and I kind of just keep up with them and let em think they are winning...then drop it a gear and wave when I pass em... or when it happens wave if they pass me. Either way its fun. I haven't had to wave as they pass me yet though:D . I know no matter how fast you are, someone out there has something faster, just hasn't happened yet.

The bad thing is N/A cars here in New Mexico run like complete crap so the SRT Neons and other turbo cars like to think they're the king of the streets. Stupid elevation.

I just got mi ne 2 weeks ago and I love it. Everyone has hondas,DSM, OR older GT's around here. I'm just waiting for the chance to pound a kid in a 90's stock GT around here or a ricer. But noone wants to do anything so I never really beat on it,yet,.... The only bit of adrenaline I got was an old dude punching a windstar next to mine which I didn't bother with. BTW,Blackonblack and pilskin, what kind of hp and times are you makin with those superchargers?