• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Does this look bent?

  • Thread starter Thread starter OneStiffGT
  • Start date Start date Jun 19, 2007
O

OneStiffGT

New Member
Jan 18, 2006
87
0
0
Canada
Jun 19, 2007
#1
  • Jun 19, 2007
  • #1


Last night I did a couple of practice launches and on the last launch I heard a very unusual clunk/rubbing. I pull over, and the rear axle seems to sit slanted (drivers side tire is touching the front of the wheelwell and the passenger side tire is touching the rear wheel well)... I putthe car in reverse back up a bit, and the tires stop touching the wheelwell/quarter panel, but it is still sitting slanted.... I took a quick look under the car, and one of the upper control arms (drivers side) looks like in the picture... I know something is bent, now I gotta find out what is bent...

Would a bent upper control arm cause the axle to sit slanted like this?
Does that UCA look bent?

Cheers!
 

trinity_gt

10 Year Member
Jan 31, 2003
3,125
81
99
Canada
Jun 19, 2007
#2
  • Jun 19, 2007
  • #2
How do the points where the UCA brackets attach to the frame and floor look?

Maybe you've pulled the lower control arm front bushings through, allowing excessive fore and aft movement of the axle.
 
O

OneStiffGT

New Member
Jan 18, 2006
87
0
0
Canada
Jun 19, 2007
#3
  • Jun 19, 2007
  • #3
I just jakced up the car, it doesn't seem bent, but when I grab the drivers side UCA and push it left and right or up and down there is play in it, I am guessing the polyurethane bushings are shot, the passenger side is rock solid compared to this.

Good excuse to upgrade to better UCA's with solid bushings.
 

tomustang

Psychotic Member
Founding Member
Jun 8, 2000
3,434
2
78
McLean Hospital
Jun 20, 2007
#4
  • Jun 20, 2007
  • #4
OneStiffGT said:
I just jakced up the car, it doesn't seem bent, but when I grab the drivers side UCA and push it left and right or up and down there is play in it, I am guessing the polyurethane bushings are shot, the passenger side is rock solid compared to this.

Good excuse to upgrade to better UCA's with solid bushings.
Click to expand...
You shouldn't have poly in the UCA's

Solid? Go back to stock control arms with rubber bushings
 

Bmfhp

Founding Member
Sep 2, 2000
575
0
16
Florida
Jun 20, 2007
#5
  • Jun 20, 2007
  • #5
dont do solid bushings for a street car unless you want a harsher ride. they are great for the track but hard on a street car...
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
Bent Rear Spring Perches
  • Miozu
  • Aug 18, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
466
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Sep 8, 2025
PSKSAM2
P
Suspension Is somethig Wrong Here?
  • Icemanxxxv
  • Jul 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
5
Views
180
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 11, 2026
AeroCoupe
Drivetrain Rear end clunk
  • seanmahoney
  • Oct 13, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
472
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Oct 13, 2025
nickyb
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Which Lakewood Front Struts Would Work the Best?
  • 93gtmustang
  • Nov 7, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
183
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Nov 7, 2025
Ethereal_Zer0
E
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?