does your slotted/cross drilled/dimpled rotors soud like this?

BadMoFo

I will sleep with a Mod for a CT
Founding Member
Sep 28, 2001
New Bern NC
well it was time to get new brakes so I decided to go all out, or more out I guess I should say. so when I got new pads, (hawk) I also got powerslot rotors with obviously slotted and dimpled cause I liked the look. well now when I drive it makes the sound of a kids bike with a card clipped on it to make noise in the spokes. it is so annouying. the brakes work fine, dont notice any improvement over stock but the look awsome but the noise is driving me crazy. I just wonder if its normal cause of the slotting or something else?

• Sponsors (?)

Mine are doing the same thing. It drives me nuts and its kind of embarrasing. I was going to try and look at it this weekend to see if I could figure it out. Mine have been on there for about 3 weeks....maybe a month.

Mine have a slight "tick tick tick..." all the time. It's not near enough to be annoying or embarassing though. I can't remember if it was worse when I first put them on or not. (Been on about 1.5 years now)

all you guys with the "ticking" or rubbing sound, try checking your dust guards. somtimes when people do brake jobs, they accidently bend the dust shield in so it slightly rubs on the rotor. ive done that a couple times.

DerekStangGT said:
all you guys with the "ticking" or rubbing sound, try checking your dust guards. somtimes when people do brake jobs, they accidently bend the dust shield in so it slightly rubs on the rotor. ive done that a couple times.

Thanks. I'll have to look into that.

oh and when I apply the brakes the sound gets louder. also did anyones squeek and for how long. since I dont have a garage or anywhere to put them on at I had to have them done. well the place that did them, midas, said they will squeek for at least 1,000 miles.