Don't buy Eleanor from Blue Oval

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecar

Feb 19, 2007
SF CA
Boy the stock grille was a major bi+ch to take out. I tried installing the eleanor I bought from Blue Oval on eBay. A couple screw holes cracked from putting on the original screws (no I did not overtighten). Also, the tabs did not match up. Also, the plastic was brittle and the 3 tabs broke and the left part of the grill just cracked off. Im asking to send it back with a refund.

I just ordered a carbon fiber from Auto Accessory 4U and it is a supposedly Ford Licensed Produce made of the same material.

Comments? Wish me luck. Right now, I am driving without a grille because I am not putting the stock one back on only to have a terrible time of taking it off again.

• Sponsors (?)

The brittle plastic sounds like they either got a bad batch of raw material or they had a hiccup in the manufacturing process. That SHOULD just be a small problem that only effects a small batch of the grilles, but who knows. Very well could be some other underlying problem.

Good luck with the return. If they are a reputable company, they shouldn't have a problem taking it back. Be prepared though, they will likely want to send you a replacement before they go the refund route.

Boy the stock grille was a major bi+ch to take out. I tried installing the eleanor I bought from Blue Oval on eBay. A couple screw holes cracked from putting on the original screws (no I did not overtighten). Also, the tabs did not match up. Also, the plastic was brittle and the 3 tabs broke and the left part of the grill just cracked off. Im asking to send it back with a refund.

I just ordered a carbon fiber from Auto Accessory 4U and it is a supposedly Ford Licensed Produce made of the same material.

Comments? Wish me luck. Right now, I am driving without a grille because I am not putting the stock one back on only to have a terrible time of taking it off again.

Good luck with that whole situation. I've only ordered one thing directly from Blue Oval and I can tell you this, I will never order a thing from them again and the guy that runs the show over their is a complete jack ass!!!

Do you mean Blue Oval Industries, or Blue Oval Performance ? If you're referring to Industries ! I can definitely relate to what you posted, about the guy running the show being a complete jackass !!! As I had considered purchasing my intake plenum cover from them, until he refused to provide the OEM part #s for both the studs, and nuts, then got real cocky about it, by asking me why I bothered to contact him..That being said, as a direct result of their unprofessional, and very poor customer service ! Blue Oval Industries will never earn my business..So I went ahead, and purchased my plenum cover, directly from my local Ford dealer instead.:nice:

It's Blue Oval Industries, Elkton VA. No markings on the box, reference to any brand/origin, or any instructions. Probably made in China. If such is the case, the Minister of Automobile Parts should be executed.

Curiously enough, their ebay ad said it was a new batch and not warped like the batch before.

The fellow I talked to was not unkind but told me to look at the actual pictures of their installations on their website so he didn't see how I had any problems. He also said he sold them by the thousand, no problems so I'm the only one. <<yeah right>> Basically, I should have known 'if it dont fit dont force it,' The plastic was so rigid that not even the slightest amount of bending would make it go in the hole. The premise was if its broken its mine. Bottom line, bad fit and it doesn't 'just pop in."

I might call that joker back tomorrow and get a return authorization. He will see if the vendor will offer any adjustment. This means more shipping fees with no real guarantee. Alternatively, I could just chuck it, minimize my losses or use it as an art piece.

As a side topic, California Concepts in Redwood City uses the Street Scene Grille. They take off the entire bumper, uninstall the stock grille, put the new one on, and then reinstall the bumper. Two and a half hours labor $$ Bottom grille to match is extra.

Final question: Am I going to have to uninstall the grill if I ever have to replace the fog lamp bulbs? :bang:

Good weekend to all and stay "tuned" :D

-kl

That's exactly who I thought it was, as it sounds just like one of their typical :bs: marketing claims, by stating you're the only one who's ever experienced a particular problem, with any of their products..As such tactics just go to show, how unprofessional, and self centered certain companies can really be..That being said ! what ever happened to the good ole days, when companies always put their customers first :shrug:

the guy that runs that place is a D1CK... i would not buy a thing from them

Glad I'm not the only one that's came across (Blue Oval Industries) :bs: I seriously could not believe the way this dude was acting on the phone.....like a little bitch. If he was local to me I would have had no problem hanging up the phone, walking straight up to him and punching him right in the face!

In any event I seriously hope the situation gets remedied one way or another and I'm glad people are aware of a company to stay away from.

Glad I'm not the only one that's came across (Blue Oval Industries) :bs: I seriously could not believe the way this dude was acting on the phone.....like a little bitch. If he was local to me I would have had no problem hanging up the phone, walking straight up to him and punching him right in the face!

In any event I seriously hope the situation gets remedied one way or another and I'm glad people are aware of a company to stay away from.
The way I see it is this.. What goes around, comes around ! and sooner or later ? the d1ckhead running the show over at Blue Oval, will get exactly what he's got coming to him, when he ends up shooting his mouth off, at the wrong person, and at the wrong time..:nice:

Gentlemen, please refrain from calling someone names, or bashing their company without them being present to defend themselves in the matter. I understand the frustration you may have had with sub-par quality on some parts, but attacking the owner and, or workers of the company doesn't solve problems. Buying parts from another vendor and gambling that they're good parts does, if the parts are quality pieces. I have no personal experience with Blue Oval Industries, although I've heard mixed opinions about them, but bashing them can't and won't be tolerated here. Giving constructive feedback is just as effective as calling the guy a dick, but won't draw the attention of the SN Staff. ;)

First off ! we have every right to post negative feedback, towards a company/vendor who not only provides very poor customer service ! but also conducts themselves in a very unprofessional, and disrespectful manner, towards their customers..Therefore before you come into this forum, and criticize you're fellow members of company bashing ? take the time to read over each post, and understand the circumstances/reasons, which were responsible for the bashing in the first place ! And second, being that you're a moderator ? you should be more concerned over refusing to tolerate certain companies, from conducting themselves in such unprofessional manners to begin with, rather than criticize you're fellow forum members, for bashing them ! That being said, if the company in question, is one of our authorized sponsors ? then I highly recommend their immediate removal.. :notnice:

red05bullitgt said:
First off ! we have every right to post negative feedback, towards a company/vendor who not only provides very poor customer service ! but also conducts themselves in a very unprofessional, and disrespectful manner, towards their customers..Therefore before you come into this forum, and criticize you're fellow members of company bashing ? take the time to read over each post, and understand the circumstances/reasons, which were responsible for the bashing in the first place ! And second, being that you're a moderator ? you should be more concerned over refusing to tolerate certain companies, from conducting themselves in such unprofessional manners to begin with, rather than criticize you're fellow forum members, for bashing them ! That being said, if the company in question, is one of our authorized sponsors ? then I highly recommend their immediate removal.. :notnice:

Wow, talk about over reacting. :rolleyes:

First, there's no need to yell, I came in and politely asked everyone not to blatently bash the company and its owner. I do agree 100% that if a company produces and sells poor quality products, we should be made aware. There's a simple thing called being tactful however, and I see you haven't mastered that as of yet. I do however, refuse to tolerate certain companies from conducting business in a negative manner; I simply do not do business with them. If companies want to produce and sell poor quality products and mistreat their customer base, they'll find that they soon have no customers.

I'm not a customer of theirs, nor do I have any affiliation with them, but either way, it's not in my best interests, or the best interests of StangNet to bash them. That does not mean I'm going to sit back and allow the members to do so either. I'm a representitive of this site and its administration, so my comments and actions, as well as yours reflect on the site and community as a whole. What more is there to understand about that?

In case you really are curious, they're not a sponsor, but that doesn't mean they may or may not have an interest in sponsoring the site at some point down the road. Let me ask you this though: If you were a company and someone was bashing you clear as day, would you want to be a sponsor? I don't even need your response, I already know the answer to my own question. If they do decide to sponsor StangNet, I'll welcome them to the site with open arms, just as I would any other sponsor. Who do you think pays for this site to exist, so you, me, and everyone else can post here? Sponsors.

Listen, I'm simply here saying act like an adult, which I'm certain you are, and be more constructive with your comments, and not act like a spoiled 3 year old who was just told no for the first time. I'm not here to criticize anyone, that's not my purpose in life. If it was, I could go back and give you infractions for every time you bashed them, bypassed the language filter, or when you just took the opportunity to confront a staff member in the open forum, which by the way would give you enough infraction points for a 30 day vacation away from StangNet, courtesy of yours truly. Luckily for you, I'm not in a banning mood, otherwise, I'd show you the door and check back in 30 days to see if you can follow the StangNet Terms of Service yet. Right now, I would encourage you to take this opportunity read over and refamiliarize yourself with them though, because the attitude you display in this thread can only lead in one direction, it just might not be today.

I did take the opportunity to read this entire thread before I posted my first comment in it, I just re-read the entire thread to ensure I didn't miss anything, and I stand by my first comment, as well as the points I just made now. Blatently bashing vendors, whether site sponsors or not, can not and will not be tolerated on StangNet. Let me repeat that one more time, just to make sure you have it down. Blatently bashing vendors, whether site sponsors or not, can not and will not be tolerated on StangNet. If you wish to continue your bashing, do it constructively, or find somewhere else to do it, period. If you want to debate with me some more over how to be a moderator, do yourself a favor and send me a PM to do it, so the rest of the community doesn't have to deal with it.

I have had good luck with the company. Maybe I was lucky.
There's also a libel issue here. It would be shame for someone to say a bit too much and end up with a lawsuit against them by the company for slander on top of an inferior product.
My mother (now deceased) always said you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Blue Oval

Ordered a new set of factory chrome rims and when i opened the new boxes there were a lot of rust spots on the rims? When i called Blue Oval they wanted me to pay $88 for shipping so they could send out a new set. After a lot of phone calls and emails they sent me a new set in perfect cond at no charge. I just could not understand why they gave me a hard time on a defect from Ford Racing. Blue Oval Should of taken care of this without a problem. $ 1300 order.

Wow, talk about over reacting. :rolleyes:

First, there's no need to yell, I came in and politely asked everyone not to blatently bash the company and its owner. I do agree 100% that if a company produces and sells poor quality products, we should be made aware. There's a simple thing called being tactful however, and I see you haven't mastered that as of yet. I do however, refuse to tolerate certain companies from conducting business in a negative manner; I simply do not do business with them. If companies want to produce and sell poor quality products and mistreat their customer base, they'll find that they soon have no customers.

I'm not a customer of theirs, nor do I have any affiliation with them, but either way, it's not in my best interests, or the best interests of StangNet to bash them. That does not mean I'm going to sit back and allow the members to do so either. I'm a representitive of this site and its administration, so my comments and actions, as well as yours reflect on the site and community as a whole. What more is there to understand about that?

In case you really are curious, they're not a sponsor, but that doesn't mean they may or may not have an interest in sponsoring the site at some point down the road. Let me ask you this though: If you were a company and someone was bashing you clear as day, would you want to be a sponsor? I don't even need your response, I already know the answer to my own question. If they do decide to sponsor StangNet, I'll welcome them to the site with open arms, just as I would any other sponsor. Who do you think pays for this site to exist, so you, me, and everyone else can post here? Sponsors.

Listen, I'm simply here saying act like an adult, which I'm certain you are, and be more constructive with your comments, and not act like a spoiled 3 year old who was just told no for the first time. I'm not here to criticize anyone, that's not my purpose in life. If it was, I could go back and give you infractions for every time you bashed them, bypassed the language filter, or when you just took the opportunity to confront a staff member in the open forum, which by the way would give you enough infraction points for a 30 day vacation away from StangNet, courtesy of yours truly. Luckily for you, I'm not in a banning mood, otherwise, I'd show you the door and check back in 30 days to see if you can follow the StangNet Terms of Service yet. Right now, I would encourage you to take this opportunity read over and refamiliarize yourself with them though, because the attitude you display in this thread can only lead in one direction, it just might not be today.

I did take the opportunity to read this entire thread before I posted my first comment in it, I just re-read the entire thread to ensure I didn't miss anything, and I stand by my first comment, as well as the points I just made now. Blatently bashing vendors, whether site sponsors or not, can not and will not be tolerated on StangNet. Let me repeat that one more time, just to make sure you have it down. Blatently bashing vendors, whether site sponsors or not, can not and will not be tolerated on StangNet. If you wish to continue your bashing, do it constructively, or find somewhere else to do it, period. If you want to debate with me some more over how to be a moderator, do yourself a favor and send me a PM to do it, so the rest of the community doesn't have to deal with it.

Talk about over reacting lol. :rolleyes: I was neither yelling, nor being disrespectful towards you in any way period ! the fact is, I was simply posting my opinions concerning you're initial post, and nothing more. As for confronting you in an open forum ? once again, you completely misunderstood, as that also was not my intention, as I neither directed any of my opinions towards you in a personal manner, nor as a personal attack..However ! when it comes down to defending my fellow Stangnet members, I will not be intimidated by anybody when it concerns viewing my disagreements/opinions, that I may have concerning any particular post, including those by other members, vendors, and staff members alike..As for bashing the vendor/company in question ? that also was not my intention, as I was just once again, standing up for my fellow forum members, along with sharing my own personal experience, in which I had with the company's representative..Although I'll fully admit, that I got caught up in the moment, and used profanity towards the company in question on two occasions, but other than that ? I did nothing which would be considered as willfully wrong, nor was it ever my intention to do so..That being said ! I'm done with this thread altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.