Door ding protector/guard who removed theirs? (pics)

91LX_5L

Founding Member
May 13, 2002
British Columbia
apr26g.jpg

Thats the thing im talking about just above the brake vent you will see the door protector. Is mine the only one with it or what?

Im worried about it leaveing marks or not matching if I remove it.
:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

its ugly, looks weird. I think I've seen them before on other stangs but im not too positive. Mabye ones in Canada? I dunno :(

Any suggestions on the removal? I dont know if I want to do it as it might not match or leave marks, its on there pretty good.

91LX_5L said:
its ugly, looks weird. I think I've seen them before on other stangs but im not too positive. Mabye ones in Canada? I dunno :(

Any suggestions on the removal? I dont know if I want to do it as it might not match or leave marks, its on there pretty good.

I don't think that is a part that Ford put on the Mustang, but it very well could be a Canada thing -kinda like the Japan export wheel well flares. I have always thought the door protectors were added by the owner of the car. You can get them at auto parts stores.

If you're not going to paint the car, don't remove them. Red paint of all colors, fades pretty good. It doesn't look that bad anyway.

Mine doesn't have any...probably cuz its so F'IN FAST that they peeled right off!!!!!!!

just kidding :D ....actually it just didn't come with them lol

I even have an original 95 cobra brochure that came with the car when I bought it, and neither the coupe or vert had them in the pics...in fact, your car is the first I have seen with them.

BTW I agree...lose them :nice:

I have one on my green vert and Id like to remove it also but im worried it will leave a faded spot or some blemish in the paint there.I pulled the molding off my friends 95 s10 (red) and it didnt leave any blemishes but Im not sure what a darker color will do.

Took mine off before the car got painted. All I remember is that there was a bunch of nasty adhesive under there, not sure what condition the paint was in. I think those are put on at dealerships and I hate them. Totally screws with the smoothness of the car.

I have one as well!

I hate it and when i go to get my car painted i will take it off but untill then i'm leaving it because i don't want to damage the paint.

If you do decide to take it off, send me a pm and let me know how it goes.