Interior and Upholstery Door window resto

AnthonyA1234

Aug 17, 2020
Florida
My car is pretty much all taken apart right now since I’m getting ready to paint it soon. Now that the doors are all apart what are the bushings or wear parts that I could change in the doors for the windows?

Also my drivers side window sits higher than the passenger side when they’re both all the way down. You can see the drivers side window still sticking out when it’s all the way down. What’s the fix for this?

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't used any but read where those bushing kits are not as good as OEM ones......
I would check over your old ones.. If they look good, clean, lube and reuse.......

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Run channel weather strip and the inner and outter dew strips but probably best to buy the door belt moldings too with those... All depends on what's shot and what isnt and how far you want to go I buy that stuff when I see it on clearance same for the interior trim stuff that fits all years, lots of those jumped in pricing recently, used to be able to do each door for about $100 in parts mixing the repo brands between drake, dc, fairchild, depo, acp etc.. That's for bushings, clips, door pin kits, weatherstripping, belt modings, mirror trim, door cups, handles & window motor bushings.. I hate working on those heavy azz doors and most need the lower hinge bracket fixed from being egged out so i like to do it all at once off the car, preferably after its been painted and seam sealed..

Holleys clearance has some drake trim stuff in the sale currently but only worth ordering over $100 worth of stuff with shipping prices. I grabbed a few shift boots, mirror covers, shifter trim plates etc when I order one of the clearance sbf hi ram intakes. if your buying any of that stuff from the clearance sale I suggest looking up the part numbers and using the super shops site to check out.

I haven't used any but read where those bushing kits are not as good as OEM ones......
I would check over your old ones.. If they look good, clean, lube and reuse.......
Yea, I've read that also.

I ended up buying some NOS guide rod bushings off ebay. SVP Unlimited also used to have some NOS stock of them, but I didn't see any there with a quick glance. May need to dig deeper there or call them.

I just use the parts store help ones for the roller guides.. Dorman has them its a generic ford bushing used on many models and its not the black one lmr sells... A glass supply shop should have them.. A box of 10 is about 20 from most automotive fastener companies, so probably wouldn't buy that from a resto brand if you can't find ford.

I scored a set of NOS window bushing guides on Ebay a while back, but when came time to install i used the aftermarket ones. Been a few years and they still roll up and down nice and tight.

NOS ones still patiently waiting in case, but so far so good. I can track down the part number if anyone wants to try and find them.

Daniel Carpenter makes the square door window guides for the 1981-93 Coupe/Hatch, 1981-87 Conv/T-top & Early 88 Conv/T-top with flush mounted mirrors, and 1983-93 Conv quarter windows P/N E3AZ-5422362-A and the one for 88-93 Convertibles P/N E3ZZ-6622292. (you need two each for each window). They also make the door window regulator arm roller P/N D6AZ-5323240 (again, two each per window). Blue Oval Parts has them for a reasonable price and free shipping.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure I want to trust 30+ year old plastic. Why I installed the DCMR parts when I redid my windows

A5450286-2572-47E1-B030-0DFD8640123C.jpeg