• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Interior and Upholstery Double din and HVAC relocation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kid wita 5oh
  • Start date Start date May 22, 2026

Kid wita 5oh

I'm definitely not in the original hole
Founding Member
Nov 5, 2000
1,408
150
93
Saugus, MA
May 22, 2026
#1
  • May 22, 2026
  • #1
Jus thought I'd share I did a double din radio on top and moved the HVAC to the bottom. Came out decent for my first attempt... Took a lot of trial and error ....I may redo the radio mount not sure yet

Designed and 3d printed the mount (very new at this kind of thing)
A small trim ring for the HVAC controller
 
Last edited: May 22, 2026
Reactions: squeak93, WhiteCobra95, 91AOD5.0LX and 1 other person

squeak93

15 Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
2,319
396
164
Joplin, Missouri
May 26, 2026
#2
  • May 26, 2026
  • #2
That is how these things should have come from the factory. Always thought they were freaking backwards with radio so low etc. But then again, we didn't have touch screen etc way back when.
 
Reactions: Kid wita 5oh

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,330
18,058
224
Massachusetts
May 26, 2026
#3
  • May 26, 2026
  • #3
I like that a lot. Looks more usable.

In the factory spot i hate how i have to look down to see the touchscreen
 
Reactions: Kid wita 5oh

Kid wita 5oh

I'm definitely not in the original hole
Founding Member
Nov 5, 2000
1,408
150
93
Saugus, MA
May 26, 2026
#4
  • May 26, 2026
  • #4
It's definitely more useable now
 
M

mike ss

New Member
Aug 9, 2026
1
0
1
NY
Aug 9, 2026
#5
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • #5
Good morning ..im wondering about this havac relocation for the higher mounting for the stereo.i think its a dumb design where ford put the stereo.
Can you explain what you did to make this happen and any problems and solutions
Where did you get a trim ring for the HVAC!?
 

gkomo

now i can hopefully expect to receive the shaft
Aug 2, 2024
2,279
1,498
133
San Diego, CA
Aug 9, 2026
#6
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • #6
It might be just for foxbodies but there’s a guy who makes these trim kits to swap the double din radio and hvac controls… 717Fox, 919Fox… something like that. Maybe see if he makes them for other generation mustangs.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,330
18,058
224
Massachusetts
Aug 9, 2026
#7
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • #7
The kits are here for foxbody Mustangs

NEW 1990-1993 RADIO RELOCATION DOUBLE DIN TRIM BEZEL | 417 FOX

This is custom hand fabricated trim bezel fits 1990-1993 Fox Body Mustangs and allows the relocation of your HVAC controls. This creates a much more ergonomic position of your choice of 2-DIN Stereo options. Optional Fan Control Connector can also be purchased at 417fox.com. This is the...
www.417fox.com


Just be warned. You will have to make permanent modification to your dash, so make sure this is what you want to do.
 
Last edited: Aug 21, 2026

Kid wita 5oh

I'm definitely not in the original hole
Founding Member
Nov 5, 2000
1,408
150
93
Saugus, MA
Aug 21, 2026
#8
  • Aug 21, 2026
  • #8
mike ss said:
Good morning ..im wondering about this havac relocation for the higher mounting for the stereo.i think its a dumb design where ford put the stereo.
Can you explain what you did to make this happen and any problems and solutions
Where did you get a trim ring for the HVAC!?
Click to expand...
I designed and 3d printed both the radio mount and the trim ring for the HVAC controls.

And this is definitely not reversible.. I had to cut sections out where the original setup was

I will see what I have for progress pictures in the next few days and if I have any that show useful info I'll put them up
 

Kid wita 5oh

I'm definitely not in the original hole
Founding Member
Nov 5, 2000
1,408
150
93
Saugus, MA
Aug 23, 2026
#9
  • Aug 23, 2026
  • #9
I guess I didn't really take any progress pictures. This is the only one I could find just showing a test fit of the radio mount but it gives you an idea of what you have to cut out
 
Reactions: Mustang5L5
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
Progress Thread mnky99 2001 V6 evap core, ac compressor, heater core replacement
  • mnky99
  • Sep 5, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
635
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 5, 2025
mnky99
M
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
351
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
SN Mustang Magnum T56 swap
  • revhead347
  • May 24, 2024
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
15
Views
7K
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Jun 28, 2026
GearHeadGuy
V
A 20 year old car, with many faults!
  • Virus101
  • May 4, 2020
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
3K
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech May 9, 2020
Cobra262
C
B
1990 On3 Turbo Build/Review
  • BryanNux
  • Feb 18, 2019
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
11K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 21, 2019
a91what
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?