• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

Drag Radial's.

  • Thread starter Thread starter MyJayy
  • Start date Start date Jan 23, 2013
M

MyJayy

New Member
Mar 14, 2012
29
0
2
California
Jan 23, 2013
#1
  • Jan 23, 2013
  • #1
I'm looking to buy some drag radials, but don't know what size to get?
I'm kind of on a budget, so I'm wondering If anyone could help me and give me some advise! I'd appreciate it.
 
T

Tom Tommarello

New Member
Jan 22, 2013
4
0
1
Jan 23, 2013
#2
  • Jan 23, 2013
  • #2
MyJayy said:
I'm looking to buy some drag radials, but don't know what size to get?
I'm kind of on a budget, so I'm wondering If anyone could help me and give me some advise! I'd appreciate it.
Click to expand...
As far
 
T

Tom Tommarello

New Member
Jan 22, 2013
4
0
1
Jan 23, 2013
#3
  • Jan 23, 2013
  • #3
As far as price is concerned Nittos or BF Goodrich seem to be priced best. I have used both,and the car ran best on the BFs It seems as though most recomend 15s. But that will depend on the power your making. I have 255-50-16 on my car .because I got a good deal on them. I hope this will give you a starting point,I'm sure others will contribute also.
 

gearheadboy

15 Year Member
Jan 15, 2003
1,425
177
84
Greencastle Pa
Jan 23, 2013
#4
  • Jan 23, 2013
  • #4
I like M/T e.t. streets. You can run them in any size that fits your car. Factory size or wider, taller, or shorter depending on what you want to do or gain. You may want an extra set of wheels to use them only at the track because they wear out fast on a daily driver.
 
Reactions: madspeed
M

MyJayy

New Member
Mar 14, 2012
29
0
2
California
Feb 10, 2013
#5
  • Feb 10, 2013
  • #5
Thank you guys for the advise that really narrowed it down for me now!
 

madspeed

Colonel Mustard
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
8,913
1,332
204
a van down by the river
Feb 10, 2013
#6
  • Feb 10, 2013
  • #6
Im currently running 17" Nittos, but plan on picking up a set of 15" Welds and ET Streets for track use
 

retfr8flyr

Member
Jun 24, 2006
154
13
19
Feb 11, 2013
#7
  • Feb 11, 2013
  • #7
Op do you have an extra set of wheels? What size wheels are you going to use? M&H make a very good DR, the Nitto 555R is a great tire for DD but not very good for the track. The new Nitto 05R's are a much better track tire.


Earl
 

Sharad

ALWAYS choose the V over the P!!! Wait... what?
Jan 5, 2011
1,562
480
94
Fort Myers, Florida
Feb 13, 2013
#8
  • Feb 13, 2013
  • #8
Yeah, I'm wondering if you're planning to daily drive on the DRs. If so, that's not a good idea for a budget setup. (you'll be in the market for tires again in a few months)

My car is currently sitting on M/T ET Street Radials. As soon as I wear those out, I'll switch to M/T ET Street Radial Pros. The pros are only available in 275/60-15 though currently. Maybe they'll expand the product line...
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Hi from Western Washington
  • Bannister
  • Aug 30, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
4
Views
164
The Welcome Wagon Aug 31, 2026
keel
S
Best place to source power steering parts for a '67? (control valve, ram, hoses)
  • SophiaTatum
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
165
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jun 18, 2026
SophiaTatum
S
M
Help Needed
  • mgarcia7
  • Oct 4, 2025
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
113
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Oct 4, 2025
mgarcia7
M
J
Rear alignment issues
  • Jayjay001
  • May 27, 2026
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
1
Views
142
2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk May 27, 2026
Noobz347
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?