Driveshaft Bolts...trouble with reinstall

NiteRydaGT

Feb 28, 2004
Long Island, NY
Today I went about replacing my stock driveshaft with an aluminum one. So far I have the new one in, but it was getting late so I only got one bolt mounted. That one bolt was very difficult to install. I would say almost more difficult than it was to remove them in the first place. Is this typical because of the thread lock on the new bolts or am I doing something wrong? The D/S seems to be in place, it's not like the bolt is rubbing against anything.
Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

Sound to me like he either cross threded the bolt, or there is so much loc tite on the new bolt that it's giving him a hard time.

If he has a FRPP 5spd. d/s, he must have swapped out the slip yoke. I'm 100% sure that the 5spd slip yoke is a 31 spline and I'm almost positive the the slip yoke for and auto is 28. :shrug:

He might have had a custom one made. But , that would have nothing to do with not being able to get the bolts on right if it was made correctly.

Make sure that the flange doesn't have any burrs on it. If it does, it would cause it not to seat all the way on the axle porperly. You can take a file,dremel or die grinder and smooth it out if you have to remove and burrs.