Driving Without 710 Cap

SeventyMach1

Keep it lubed .... keep it straight .... and keep
Mar 30, 2005
North Carolina
I had a cheap oil cap on that was on the car when I bought it. I popped the hood yesterday doing some work & noticed that it was missing. Who knows how long it's been gone.

What are the "negative" effects of this (other than getting debris in there). Car's still running perfect .... but just wondering if anything could have been damaged by that happening. And yes, I ran her pretty hard before I noticed it, too.

• Sponsors (?)

Haha ... I must be stupid, lol. April fool's is long gone & this was a serious post. Was my question so stupid that it sounded like a joke? LMAO. :rlaugh:

I was just wondering if anything bad can happen other than getting debris in there.

It's not great to run without it. I would probably change the oil/filter pretty quick here. You're not the first to do it and wont be the last.

I guess the joke's on me - I really thought you were pulling a fast one. :bang: No disrespect intended, as my reading of the post stressed the "710" aspect rather than the possibility of a missing cap.

Haha, yeah, the "710" part was a joke. But I was "seriously" asking a newb type question. It's all good.

Yeah, I'm changing the oil Monday even though it's not due for one yet. As soon as I noticed the cap was gone, I went & picked up some oil and a filter. Was gonna change it today, but got tied up doing other crap. Paranoia, even with the little things, lol.

I still need to get a cap. Where can I get one that will STAY on. I went to the parts store & noticed the one's they sell are just like the cheap one I had before. It was hard to get on, but came off easy. I don't want that crap again.

SeventyMach1 said:
I still need to get a cap. Where can I get one that will STAY on. I went to the parts store & noticed the one's they sell are just like the cheap one I had before. It was hard to get on, but came off easy. I don't want that crap again.
What kind did you have before? I have the stockers on both stangs and they click into place. Like this (part # LRS-6766C is the link is bad).

I dont know about getting them locally though - paying shipping might be the cheapest route overall. LRS has a bunch of caps so check them out if ordering from them. If I had a spare, it would go out Monday, but I dont. :(